MKDC Tier List

#1AzuroPosted 9/9/2009 10:01:11 PM
If anyone's still around, new tier list.

High Tier:
1. Green Lantern
2. Superman
3. Flash
4. Raiden
5. Darkseid
6. Shao Kahn
7. Liu Kang
8. Sub-Zero
9. Kitana
10. Scorpion
11. DeathStroke

Mid Tier:
12. Sonya
13. Captain Marvel
14. Joker
15. Jax
16. Kano

Low Tier:
17. Baraka
18. Wonder Woman
19. Shang Tsung
20. Lex Luthor
21. Catwoman
22. Batman

Joker's gonna be up a lot higher since this list was made before his new stuff was discovered. Also, Sub may move past Kang.
---
DB Competitive: http://z11.invisionfree.com/DB_Competitive/index.php?
#2PistolPete777Posted 9/17/2009 9:37:43 AM
I'd REALLY like to see the matchups broken down, or at least some dialogue saying who's their best and worst matchups.

Ex.saying GL vs. Superman is 6:4 or SubZero is a good matchup for GL because B4 is anti breaker. db2 is unbreakable, if Sub u2's or b4's into freeze and takes GL to the Wall he can either waste a breaker or take massive damage.

The tier list is looking better, but in my opinion I'd make some slight changes. In fact I did a time consuming breakdown, for the 5 people who visit this board. Maybe some new people can see this and it'll help them pick up the game better.

I know you didn't ask...

GL easily number one. Great projectiles, Great Low, Safe Mid Launcher, Block String, Wall trap, Breaker Combo.

SU Safe Mid Launcher, Breaker Combo if juggled, Great Damage from a Low, Ex. d3,b2(db2),db3,3,dd4*1+2*bb1. Practical Wall Combos for a Damage increase. I get 42% from a d3 next to a wall 8/10. Has block strings by ending with bb1. Ex. 2,3,4,bb1 or 3,4,bb1. ( Not 100% positive it's ALWAYS safe. I don't have people to test against offline)

Downsides: Lacks Anti breaker normal, jab pressure, D3 is unsafe, he seems a little slow turning around, All special moves besides bb1 are unsafe.

FL Best Punisher in the game in BF4, 3 is a quality safe mid, a low launcher, Block String(3,1), Builds Rage fast, free BF4 off rage.

Downsides: Specials are unsafe, B3 is unsafe, Lacks anti-breaker normals, Opponent builds rage fast.

RA I'm not a guru on Raiden. Honestly, I don't think he should be this high. Online he's a beast and I'd put him #2, but offline I think he's too unsafe. Can't you punish his teleport on reaction with certain characters? He lacks a good low. Does he have an offline block string? All I know is he has good jab pressure, and rage game.

DA Not a guru on Darkseid either, however I fully support him being top 5. Maybe, he should be 4th. I've played truking and he has online frame traps. So, I'm going to ignore that, with it being offline. What makes Seid automatically top 5 in my opinion is, he has a low launcher (See a trend In getting good damage off lows?), Breaker combo if juggled, Solid full screen game, Awesome Jab pressure.

SH Haven't played too much Kahn, but he's definitely high tier.

LU This dude might give me the most fits whenever I decide to play online (which is rarely) Everything is safe! Offline, Good projectiles, db42 is safe, he lacks a mid launcher, but can go into 2db42 Probably has the best jab in the game.

Downsides: His lows suck which hurts ALOT, Mediocre rage game, except maybe d4 to db4 on knock down. He's definitely high tier though, probably not this high.

S0 B4 great mid launcher, I'm pretty sure it's safe, Good Jab Pressure, Practical Wall combos for a damage increase, has a reset, 4 is a good mid. I guess he has some risky block strings if you incorporate bf4. Great rage game with his easy RECs.

Downsides: Lacks a good low, Easily can be outgunned fullscreen. I'd put him before Kang.

KI Don't play her, but from what I can tell she's high tier with her pressure and rage game. Just lacks damage.

SC B3 is a good move, similar to Sub's B4, Can get some RECs off spear.

Downsides: db3 is unsafe offline, Lacks a good low, There's nothing to special about him he's okay, but I'd place him around the top of Mid Tier.

DE Fast Projectile, b1,b2 is a good string that hits mid, H2H is where he shines. B1 is a great anti air and mid that's safe, B3 is a great low and the best poke in the game. D1 in H2H hits low and is a good way to regain pressure

Downsides: Bad rage game, You're not going to get 40% plus combos in H2H. Definitely should be above Scorpion, and Maybe Kang.
#3PistolPete777Posted 9/17/2009 9:38:40 AM
SY I play her a bit and know she has tools (db1), but I don't see why she'd be this high. I'd like to hear the explanation. If anything she's low middle tier, high low tier. She lacks a good low and builds rage fast for the opponent with her db4. I guess the only reason I'd see her here is her RECs off db1.

CM He's too high in my opinion. His db4 is not that great offline. Punishment on reaction left and right. His jabs are kind of slow. his mid, and low are okay. His projectile isn't that great. Really this guy gets dominated by WW her db2 dominates his teleport and he can't really handle jab pressure. He's low mid tier to high low tier imo.

JO I'd like to hear this finding. Aure used to beat me with his, but I figured it was because I sucked and didn't know the matchup. I know he has an inf, but it's not easy.

JA Good Fullscreen game, decent damage combos, especially if you can do his wall combos. I don't play him, but I could see him around here.

KA Don't know enough to say anything.

BA Don't know enough to say anything.

WW She should definitely be higher. She has awesome jab pressure, especially since 2 hits mid, They're unsafe, but she does have mixups on block with 2,2,df3 and 2,2,b2. db2 is a great move with some decent recovery. b3 is a decent low, especially to maintain pressure.

Downside: she has to work to get in, unless you want to take chances with db4. Her rage game sucks because you can run away all day but if you can catch them in a tough spot she has a decent REC. She's high to middle mid tier in my eyes.

ST hmmm

LL Lex should be higher too. His low is ok. I use b3. His jumping projectile is usable. He has good mixups on block, which shouldn't be underestimated with 1,1,b3 and 1,1,b2. b2 is one of the better mids in the game, safe, and opens up RECs.

CW agree

BM agree

---
PSN: PistolPete713
#4Rasputin77Posted 9/18/2009 9:23:57 AM
This will the the first thing I play when I get my PS3 back from YLOD repair. =( I need to brush up pretty badly.
#5PistolPete777Posted 9/18/2009 3:44:24 PM
This will the the first thing I play when I get my PS3 back from YLOD repair. =( I need to brush up pretty badly.

They better send that back quick! I need my Tuesday fix. We'll probably only get a couple more in, before I'm gone for a while. Just FF4 w/ Khan and you'll be good. :)

Also...LOL.. at my long posts, what can I say?.... I was bored.
---
PSN: PistolPete713
#6Rasputin77Posted 9/19/2009 9:55:25 AM
I think the turnaround is supposed to be pretty fast for the repair - this week might be out, but next week FO SHO.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/09/19/0037254/The-PS3s-Yellow-Light-of-Death?from=rss (Sound of a long trombone note sliding downwards...)

And the long post might help someone out. I'll definitely check out some of your tips when I'm up and running again.

Playing Gladius again for the time being - that was a pretty kickass game!
#7Azuro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 9:57:58 AM
The list did change a bit...I'll post after this message.

SU Safe Mid Launcher, Breaker Combo if juggled, Great Damage from a Low, Ex. d3,b2(db2),db3,3,dd4*1+2*bb1. Practical Wall Combos for a Damage increase. I get 42% from a d3 next to a wall 8/10. Has block strings by ending with bb1. Ex. 2,3,4,bb1 or 3,4,bb1. ( Not 100% positive it's ALWAYS safe. I don't have people to test against offline)

Downsides: Lacks Anti breaker normal, jab pressure, D3 is unsafe, he seems a little slow turning around, All special moves besides bb1 are unsafe.

b4 isn't safe at all actually. But all of that is correct otherwise.

FL Best Punisher in the game in BF4, 3 is a quality safe mid, a low launcher, Block String(3,1), Builds Rage fast, free BF4 off rage.

Downsides: Specials are unsafe, B3 is unsafe, Lacks anti-breaker normals, Opponent builds rage fast.

3 isn't safe...I think it's jab punishable, which is big for some characters.

RA I'm not a guru on Raiden. Honestly, I don't think he should be this high. Online he's a beast and I'd put him #2, but offline I think he's too unsafe. Can't you punish his teleport on reaction with certain characters? He lacks a good low. Does he have an offline block string? All I know is he has good jab pressure, and rage game.
His teleport puts him at disadvantage if the opponent isn't attacking, so he can't stick anything out or he gets beat out. It's mainly a ranged punish tool. Raiden's really great, but his real issue is his only mid is rather blockable on reaction.

DA Not a guru on Darkseid either, however I fully support him being top 5. Maybe, he should be 4th. I've played truking and he has online frame traps. So, I'm going to ignore that, with it being offline. What makes Seid automatically top 5 in my opinion is, he has a low launcher (See a trend In getting good damage off lows?), Breaker combo if juggled, Solid full screen game, Awesome Jab pressure.
Darkseid has safe launchers that hit mid and low and pretty nice antiair. I don't remember what his bad perks are.

SH Haven't played too much Kahn, but he's definitely high tier.
Kahn loses the safe ff4 offline, and, as such, it becomes harder to even build meter for his breaker combo. He also loses his one promove that does more damage because it activates after the inititial hit, and I think his frame trap is gone, too. He's still good, just not like online portrays him.
---
DB Competitive: dbcompetitive.forumotion.com
Gamer's HotSpot: http://hotspot.forum-motion.net/forum.htm
#8Azuro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 10:04:16 AM
LU This dude might give me the most fits whenever I decide to play online (which is rarely) Everything is safe! Offline, Good projectiles, db42 is safe, he lacks a mid launcher, but can go into 2db42 Probably has the best jab in the game.

Downsides: His lows suck which hurts ALOT, Mediocre rage game, except maybe d4 to db4 on knock down. He's definitely high tier though, probably not this high.

His only issue is just that...no mid launcher. I think Batman has a better jab. db4 is very good and is often used for anti-breaker combo for vs GL, but it's special mid...you can crouch block db42 and whiff punish the 2 followup...he has the 1 followup, but you don't get as much damage.

S0 B4 great mid launcher, I'm pretty sure it's safe, Good Jab Pressure, Practical Wall combos for a damage increase, has a reset, 4 is a good mid. I guess he has some risky block strings if you incorporate bf4. Great rage game with his easy RECs.

Downsides: Lacks a good low, Easily can be outgunned fullscreen. I'd put him before Kang.

He actually is before Kang in the edited tier list. Actually, projectile trading a freeze is the last thing you want vs Sub. And b4 is not safe at all. But everything else is right.

KI Don't play her, but from what I can tell she's high tier with her pressure and rage game. Just lacks damage.
Yep, pretty much.

SC B3 is a good move, similar to Sub's B4, Can get some RECs off spear.

Downsides: db3 is unsafe offline, Lacks a good low, There's nothing to special about him he's okay, but I'd place him around the top of Mid Tier.

Correct.

DE Fast Projectile, b1,b2 is a good string that hits mid, H2H is where he shines. B1 is a great anti air and mid that's safe, B3 is a great low and the best poke in the game. D1 in H2H hits low and is a good way to regain pressure

Downsides: Bad rage game, You're not going to get 40% plus combos in H2H. Definitely should be above Scorpion, and Maybe Kang.

He's actually #7 now. There's been discoveries on SS that make it extremely good, avoiding a lot of stuff. Stroke's sword 11 tracks and hits mid...it's one of the best moves in the game.

SY I play her a bit and know she has tools (db1), but I don't see why she'd be this high. I'd like to hear the explanation. If anything she's low middle tier, high low tier. She lacks a good low and builds rage fast for the opponent with her db4. I guess the only reason I'd see her here is her RECs off db1.
She drops for sure because of the reasons.

CM He's too high in my opinion. His db4 is not that great offline. Punishment on reaction left and right. His jabs are kind of slow. his mid, and low are okay. His projectile isn't that great. Really this guy gets dominated by WW her db2 dominates his teleport and he can't really handle jab pressure. He's low mid tier to high low tier imo.
He drops too.

JO I'd like to hear this finding. Aure used to beat me with his, but I figured it was because I sucked and didn't know the matchup. I know he has an inf, but it's not easy.
Magic Trick avoids projectiles in opening frames, leads to a great mixup game and a sick wakeup game, and helps Joker build his own meter extremely fast. It's hard to actually use, sorta like how Viper in SFIV is, but learning how to use it results in great mixups.

JA Good Fullscreen game, decent damage combos, especially if you can do his wall combos. I don't play him, but I could see him around here.
Agreed, and he moves up actually.

KA Don't know enough to say anything.
Kano has extremely damaging BnBs, but doesn't have an amazing offense to set it up. Knives are good projectiles, and vertical cannonball makes great antiair.

BA Don't know enough to say anything.
Idk either. I just know bb3 is great antiair.
---
#9Azuro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 10:09:53 AM
WW She should definitely be higher. She has awesome jab pressure, especially since 2 hits mid, They're unsafe, but she does have mixups on block with 2,2,df3 and 2,2,b2. db2 is a great move with some decent recovery. b3 is a decent low, especially to maintain pressure.

Downside: she has to work to get in, unless you want to take chances with db4. Her rage game sucks because you can run away all day but if you can catch them in a tough spot she has a decent REC. She's high to middle mid tier in my eyes.

It's a perfect spot for her. Zoning and spacing is a pretty decent chunk of MKDC. Nearly anyone with a decent projectile keeps her away. She's the Gief of the game.

ST hmmm
He's fine where he is.

LL Lex should be higher too. His low is ok. I use b3. His jumping projectile is usable. He has good mixups on block, which shouldn't be underestimated with 1,1,b3 and 1,1,b2. b2 is one of the better mids in the game, safe, and opens up RECs.
He has a nice wall trap, if you can get the opponent to the wall. His defensive game is okay...he's not bad...just everyone is better.

CW agree
She may move up. Her SS is extremely good. That, and she can whiff punish to 52% with a super-easy combo from jab. Her zoning is not terrible either.

BM agree
Poor Batman...lol notice how the Batman series characters are so low.
---
#10Azuro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 10:11:55 AM
Now for the updated list!

HIGH TIER:
1. Green Lantern
2. Superman
3. Flash
4. Raiden
5. Darkseid
6. Shao Kahn