Effective way of using Battle Gauge?

#1Xerion_12Posted 9/20/2008 5:40:27 PM
Just like the topic says.. Is there an effective way of using the battle gauge? Any tips for using it?
#2GulcasaPosted 9/20/2008 5:42:43 PM
Spin or use card skills? It helps to go into more detail about what exactly you're asking.
#3Xerion_12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2008 5:48:12 PM
I'm not far enough to use card skills yet.. I'm just asking if there's a right or wrong way to use it? Like when it's good to go aggressive and when it's good to fill it back up again?
#4ZyloWolfBanePosted 9/20/2008 5:52:49 PM
Honestly if your character has low TEC (Which makes you start with a low gauge) I would say start out passive and build your gauge espically if your the one attacking and not defending.

Then get it to 80-100% and go aggressive to beat the enemy faster, besides the more units you have on your side still alive the more morale the enemy will lose on top of the other contributing factors.

You'll wanna follow this strategy when you get the chance to use card skills anyway, any slight advantage you can get your gonna wanna take ASAP.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#5GulcasaPosted 9/20/2008 5:54:00 PM
It's usually good to go Aggressive when you can. But don't do it if you have an Aggressive element that the enemy voids, and it's probably a good idea to save some if you have a character fighting later in the union that might need some extra damage to get through the clash.
#6ServantofGothPosted 9/20/2008 5:57:00 PM
It depends upon the situation. Here is some info on the gauge to help you:

Aggression fills at half the rate at which it depletes.
Any unused Aggression in a clash will be carried over to the next clash of a Union.
When using Aggression any element the unit has will be activated (for example, Yggdra will do Holy damage in Aggression mode). This can either be a boon or a bust, as the opposing unit could be susceptible and thus take extra damage or resistant and take no damage.
The formula for initial Aggression in a clash is ((User Tec + 1) / Card MOV) + Remaining Aggression from Previous Clash).
When using A skills (I can't remember what they are in the PSP version, but skills such as Shield Barrier), if your skill is canceled or if you stop it, your Aggression will remain at that point of the bar. Abuse this.
#7Xerion_12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2008 6:01:05 PM
Thanks everyone, I understand the use of the gauge more now.
#8YrsofEXPPosted 9/20/2008 6:51:15 PM
Gauges also start off full depending on the card. Usually, if it's a high move, like revolution or steal, it starts at 30%. But for ones like refreshment, mirage, and ace guard, it starts around 91% for me. Fortune also starts off full with each battle. This applies to each battle. ( Say, if you're using ace guard, and you start off with 91% on the first battle, and cast the spell, and keep it 0%, it'll fill up to 91%, PLUS whatever you had in the last clash ( although it'd be 0% if you didn't go passive) so the rest can take advantage of ace guard protection, and go agressive)
---
Join wH today! http://www.clanwh.com/join.html
www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?2418 FC in link . Please click it every 24 hours and confirm to lvl up.
#9ServantofGothPosted 9/20/2008 7:04:16 PM
Wow Drunkenmetroid, I gave the exact formula for Aggression and you had to explain in far less concrete terms.
#10YrsofEXPPosted 9/20/2008 7:20:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvp449PauM8&feature=related

around :17. That's my response.
---
Join wH today! http://www.clanwh.com/join.html
www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?2418 FC in link . Please click it every 24 hours and confirm to lvl up.
More topics from this board...
Magical PowerGranCenturio14126/30 8:24AM