Agnakor Firlance or Diablos Spear?

#1Alien3434Posted 6/11/2010 3:40:00 PM
if you could only pick one, which one and why
#2Lucky81651Posted 6/11/2010 4:26:26 PM
Probably Diablos Spear. The Raw works out to be 468 for Diablos and 410 for Firelance, some instances the Firelance is better (e.g. vs Barioth and Lagi), but for other monsters with little to no Fire element hitzones (e.g. Rathian, Rathalos, Deviljho) the Fire damage from Firelance is basically meaningless, so it's Raw vs Raw only. And Diablos lance has a slot, Firelance has zero slots.
#3Lucky81651Posted 6/11/2010 4:27:19 PM
So Diablos lance is going to do decent damage no matter who you fight, Firelance will depend on the monster.
#4pepe81yoonPosted 6/11/2010 4:58:16 PM
Get the Agnaktor Lance... don't bother with the Diablos Spear.

Diablos has high raw but it is negated by the -30% affinity. Besides you should have an elemental lance that corresponds with each monster.

You should have the following lances...

Sabertooth G --- Ice
Amphitrite P --- Thunder
Gobuluuka Muraka --- Para
Great Azure --- Sleep
Agnaktor Firelance --- Fire
Spiral Splash G --- Water
Toxic Javelin --- Poison
Alatreon --- Dragon

Most of these lances aren't hard to make and you'll have fun switching them out everytime you play a new boss. It makes questing less grindy, i guess.

I use the Agnaktor Lance quite often and it's served its purpose well. Good luck.
---
MH3 ID: PePe ID: E2VGUK
Region: US Lance/GS
#5Clayton_or_diePosted 6/11/2010 5:02:20 PM
Sabertooth G --- Ice ----------------only on diablos
Amphitrite P --- Thunder------------- useless... use a Gleam
Gobuluuka Muraka --- Para------very use full although i haven't used mine in a while
Great Azure --- Sleep------ i guess if you want to...
Agnaktor Firelance --- Fire---- bander lance is way better
Spiral Splash G --- Water------ better of using gleam
Toxic Javelin --- Poison----- up to you idc
Alatreon Gleam --- Dragon----- only lance really worth using
---
Nickname: Clayton
F/C:----------3567-1914-2135
#6TemokiPosted 6/11/2010 5:02:43 PM
I was gonna make the agnaktor lance until I made Byakko...I've also never made (or seen anyone else use for that matter) the diablos lance.
---
"Sorry, I'm not mature enough to engage in a conversation about preventing Agnaktor from getting hard." ~~Wulf2K
#7SexualPizzaPosted 6/11/2010 5:06:49 PM
-30% affinity isn't that bad honestly, and I doubt it drops the damage enough to make it weaker than Agnaktor Firelance vs. enemies that have fire resistance, or no fire resistance. I don't feel like screwing around with dmg formula though, but I'd like to think DS is better even with the -30% affinity, since affinity doesn't effect damage THAT much overall.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#8TemokiPosted 6/11/2010 5:09:24 PM
Everyone can take the damage formula and shove it...I've always and will always gear for looks.
---
"Sorry, I'm not mature enough to engage in a conversation about preventing Agnaktor from getting hard." ~~Wulf2K
#9pepe81yoonPosted 6/11/2010 5:12:27 PM
Ok, screw damage formula and screw everything else.

Only thing that matters is the Agnaktor tip will SPIN!!!!!!!

Yes, it twirls round and round so make the fire lance instead of blos lance.
---
MH3 ID: PePe ID: E2VGUK
Region: US Lance/GS
#10SexualPizzaPosted 6/11/2010 5:14:31 PM
Using that argument, you'd be better off making Fiendish Tower.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza