What are the wiimote/nunchuck controls?

#1alucard4444Posted 4/23/2010 7:54:54 PM
Ive been hearing that this games wiimote controls are horrible, but have been unable to find any info on them. Can anyone give me the layout and some insight on how playable it is because I dont have a classic controller and have no plans for ever getting one.
---
I am your new mind
#2alucard4444(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2010 8:49:46 PM
Bump
---
I am your new mind
#3Deus ex NecarePosted 4/23/2010 8:51:36 PM

Ive been hearing that this games wiimote controls are horrible, but have been unable to find any info on them. Can anyone give me the layout and some insight on how playable it is because I dont have a classic controller and have no plans for ever getting one.

They are.

Action 1: Press A
Action 1: Swing the wiimote (any and all directions do the same thing)

Action 2: Tilt wiimote 90 degrees to the left (keep it stationary) and Press A

Action 3: Tilt the Wiimote 90 degrees to the right (keep it stationary) and Press A

Action 4: Tilt the wiimote 90 degrees up (keep it stationary) and Press A

---
PS3 Running 24/7 since: 30 JAN 2008
EULA: By reading this post and associated disclaimer, you are consenting to agree with the opinions disclosed within.
#4M DAMAGEPosted 4/23/2010 8:52:20 PM
They're crap. That's all you need to know. Buy a classic controller now and save urself the headache.

Pretty sure that when using the wii mote and 'chuck, that you're only able to use horrible motion controls. Get ready for pain. Lube up cause you're gonna get violated ferociously by the enemies in this game if you're usin' a wiimote.
#5Deus ex NecarePosted 4/23/2010 8:53:08 PM
And to the end of your post, if you like Monster Hunter games, and you want to play this one, buy a Classic Controller Pro. It's one step behind a PS2 controller (slightly different angles that take some getting used to, but you will), and has excellent controls (two options: setting 1 mimics the PSP controls, setting 2 mimics the PS2 controls).
---
EULA: By reading this post and associated disclaimer, you are consenting to agree with the opinions disclosed within.
#6Number4RocketPosted 4/23/2010 8:57:07 PM

M DAMAGE posted...
They're crap. That's all you need to know. Buy a classic controller now and save urself the headache.

Pretty sure that when using the wii mote and 'chuck, that you're only able to use horrible motion controls. Get ready for pain. Lube up cause you're gonna get violated ferociously by the enemies in this game if you're usin' a wiimote.

No.

#7Deus ex NecarePosted 4/23/2010 9:02:40 PM
Oh, and TC, in case you thought my initial post was sarcastic, it's not. Those are the actual controls for the majority of the actions. There's one or two that use the (--) button instead of A, but it's still tilt combinations, no actual, proper use of the wii controls. The could have been awesome, but they aren't. The system they decided on sucks (apparently they ignored everyone that commented on how bad they were in the demo).
---
#8Number4RocketPosted 4/23/2010 9:05:24 PM

Setting the "immersive" system aside though, they work just as well as the CC.

I still wish aiming could have been done by pointing the Wiimote at the screen though T_T... THAT "immersiveness" is one I do feel should have been in.

#9StafirPosted 4/23/2010 9:08:21 PM
Alucard dont listen to them, wii controls are pure preference. They are different from the older controls but they work just fine. They do all needed actions perfectly, there is no problem using them.

The general mention of how they work is correct...its all about holding the wii in one of 4 positions and pushing A. With the other buttons (for the most part) doing all non attack actions. But those who say that the classic controls are vastly superior to the remote are completely and utterly wrongs, its merely preference.
---
Reviewer and news gaming sites are only credible if it proves the poster's point.
If it doesn't, then they're just biased trash. -- Savott on Troll thinking.
#10Deus ex NecarePosted 4/23/2010 9:08:39 PM

From: Number4Rocket | Posted: 4/24/2010 12:05:24 AM | #008
Setting the "immersive" system aside though, they work just as well as the CC.

I still wish aiming could have been done by pointing the Wiimote at the screen though T_T... THAT "immersiveness" is one I do feel should have been in.

Artificial challenge, maybe, but no they don't work just as well. There are more combinations to do the same things, and unlike the wiimote controls, I can be aggressive with the controller, where you have to be steady and relaxed with the wiimote.

Camera is one of those things that's kind of a staple of the series. While I suppose it's kind of a cop-out, finger-hooking really is a bit of a staple of the series.

And yes I realize how those two things contradict each other. I feel that the significant difference lies in the fact that it works well enough on the controller, and there's not a ton of other options, meanwhile the wiimote controls could very easily been infinitely better with minimal effort.
---