Hammer K.O. question

#11LapanuiPosted 4/29/2010 6:57:06 AM
What do you mean it doesn't work that way, where is your proof that it's not true O.o
I gave you a link, they're not going to change what Affinity does O.o
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12Tarusuke86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2010 6:58:50 AM
:o
---
AKA Monster Hunter: Rhin
#13RyuniPosted 4/29/2010 7:00:52 AM

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity_%28file%29

That's wrong, Affinity is the chance percentage of doing a CRITICAL HIT. Afflicting KO is the same as inflicting a stagger, there is a certain amount of KO damage done to a monster every time you land a KO inducing hit on their head, and when that threshold is reached, the monster is KO'd.

Edited for typo.

It kinda does. Because more damage means more damage to the "KO bar".
#14DaiIchibanPosted 4/29/2010 8:10:43 AM
Poor translation is poor. The linked article is referring to staggers, not KO value.
---
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. ~Galileo Galilei
#15Gen2000Posted 4/29/2010 8:42:24 AM
The main thing you want to do to KO monsters faster is raise your raw power, use weapons with the highest color sharpness you can at the time, and if somehow possible take your sharpness level to the next color level via skills. Raw damage and sharpness effects your KO prowess the most (since as pointed out the more damage you do the better the KO damage is) it seems going by the damage formula FAQ. The former is the easiest boost with all the Attack boost jewels, charms, and armors skills.

Raising Sharpness is a little harder. Not many armors comes with Sharpness+1. The low level Ceadeus armor comes with Sharpness+1 but hardly any slots so you would have to luck out with a good 2-3 sloted weapon and a very high attack charm to make it any better than other armor combos for KO boosting.

High Rank Ceadeus or Deviljho with a 3 slot Hammer/Attack charm is probably the fastest for KO'ing you can get when all said and done. The jewel that activates Sharpness level is Handicraft and Architect. They're both quite flicky with the points gain/slot ratio and it takes 15 points to even activate the damn thing. You can also try the Affinity mixed with Attack Up boost paths but imo I rather just have a nice high flat constant attack boost.

I tried asking if Status Attack Up made any real difference but never got a clear answer here so I just go with using the best high damaging, best sharpness hammer I can and try to boost my raw power even more via armor skills/charms. It would be nice if true though since Gigginox armor is much easier and quicker to get early on.

Also if possible try to go for the Felyne Slugger kitchen skill whenever possible. It raises KO damage by 10%.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
Kill Big - Monster Hunter Tri/Lost Planet 2 - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4989F4829DA156E6
#16Element_PearlPosted 4/29/2010 8:45:11 AM
Sharpness has no effect on KO unless you're in the orange or red part of the gauge.

Seriously, what's with all this messed up information.
#17Tarusuke86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2010 8:47:12 AM
Im getting so confused now lol
---
#18DaiIchibanPosted 4/29/2010 8:49:09 AM
Status Attack Up does not boos KO values.
---
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. ~Galileo Galilei
#19Tarusuke86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2010 8:50:37 AM
It seems like Felyne Slugger is my best bet, as no one seems to know for sure
---
#20Gen2000Posted 4/29/2010 8:50:47 AM
Sharpness has no effect on KO unless you're in the orange or red part of the gauge.

Seriously, what's with all this messed up information.

From the damage FAQ:

Another special property
of KO in this game is that the KO amount listed under the [TYPE] chart is
constant for that attack, but it is also affected by your [SHARP] variable.
Purple sharpness not only raises your damage, but allows you to KO 1.50x
as quickly as normally. If a hammer attack dealing 48 KO damage at yellow
sharpness is done with purple sharpness instead, [48 x 1.50] = 72 KO damage
is dealt.

That's wrong? What am I misunderstanding then?
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
Kill Big - Monster Hunter Tri/Lost Planet 2 - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4989F4829DA156E6