Low rank Switch Axe armor question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. Low rank Switch Axe armor question
5 years ago#1
Just wondering what's a good low rank set for Switch Axe so far I have the Barioth set and the Rathalos set. I just want know if there's anything else I should be looking for?
---
5 years ago#2
I too am wondering this.
Should I stick with full low rank Lagi until I'm able to farm for high rank armor?
5 years ago#3
Lagiacrus and Rathalos are generally good with Lagi being the more customizable armor choice. Ceadus armor can be good as well. Those are all I can think of for the moment, unless you want to have that invincible evade which Qurupeco armor is good for that.
5 years ago#4
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
5 years ago#5
Thanks Zanimar!

I don't believe I saw this information in the Damage FAQ, so I'll ask away: does the armor skill Element Atk Up affect the damage of a Dragon phial discharge?
5 years ago#6
Yes it will, but I don't know to what extent.

Also, Lagi is good for Sharpness+1 too: sharpness is a pain with Axes, but with that skill it will take longer.
5 years ago#7
Er, I honestly do not know. It might, but than again, it might not. Eh I wouldn't worry about it too much, honestly as a SA user the elemental atk up is more of a freebie thing instead of a necessary skill, it's just bonus damage if you happen to be able to exploit it, but is not worth going out of your way to get a SA that you may only ever use once or twice.
5 years ago#8
Makes sense, thanks to the both of you.

Last question... (I'm only beginning to think about switching from LS to SA to add a little variety to my game)
Should I aim for similar skills when I upgrade to High Rank armor? Do you have any (HR) armor to recommend in particular?
5 years ago#9

Yes it will, but I don't know to what extent.

Also, Lagi is good for Sharpness+1 too: sharpness is a pain with Axes, but with that skill it will take longer.

Er, Low rank Lagi, does not have sharpness +1, it has Razor Sharp which doubles the amount of hits needed to degrade to the lower level of sharpness. The only low rank that has sharpness +1 is Ceadeus. Finally it really isn't worth gemming in Sharpness +1 when it can be easily obtained with other armors.
5 years ago#10

Makes sense, thanks to the both of you.

Last question... (I'm only beginning to think about switching from LS to SA to add a little variety to my game)
Should I aim for similar skills when I upgrade to High Rank armor? Do you have any (HR) armor to recommend in particular?

Well this part I don't know as I am one of the few who is forever destined to never be allowed to play this game online. As far as I know, the skills aren't necessarily the same. I mean you can upgrade the LR Lagi for HR defense and it would still be a worthwhile armor to use, but at that point, you have access to so much options also when you get to high rank, it becomes a better option to mix up the armor to get the skills you want rather than using complete armor sets.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. Low rank Switch Axe armor question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived