Low rank Switch Axe armor question

#1CrescentKnightPosted 5/31/2010 9:22:03 AM
Just wondering what's a good low rank set for Switch Axe so far I have the Barioth set and the Rathalos set. I just want know if there's anything else I should be looking for?
---
#2RichardZoelPosted 5/31/2010 10:29:32 AM
I too am wondering this.
Should I stick with full low rank Lagi until I'm able to farm for high rank armor?
#3ZanimarPosted 5/31/2010 10:31:48 AM
Lagiacrus and Rathalos are generally good with Lagi being the more customizable armor choice. Ceadus armor can be good as well. Those are all I can think of for the moment, unless you want to have that invincible evade which Qurupeco armor is good for that.
#4RichardZoelPosted 5/31/2010 10:33:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5RichardZoelPosted 5/31/2010 10:40:12 AM
Thanks Zanimar!

I don't believe I saw this information in the Damage FAQ, so I'll ask away: does the armor skill Element Atk Up affect the damage of a Dragon phial discharge?
#6DesirioPosted 5/31/2010 10:44:59 AM
Yes it will, but I don't know to what extent.

Also, Lagi is good for Sharpness+1 too: sharpness is a pain with Axes, but with that skill it will take longer.
#7ZanimarPosted 5/31/2010 10:45:52 AM
Er, I honestly do not know. It might, but than again, it might not. Eh I wouldn't worry about it too much, honestly as a SA user the elemental atk up is more of a freebie thing instead of a necessary skill, it's just bonus damage if you happen to be able to exploit it, but is not worth going out of your way to get a SA that you may only ever use once or twice.
#8RichardZoelPosted 5/31/2010 10:48:37 AM
Makes sense, thanks to the both of you.

Last question... (I'm only beginning to think about switching from LS to SA to add a little variety to my game)
Should I aim for similar skills when I upgrade to High Rank armor? Do you have any (HR) armor to recommend in particular?
#9ZanimarPosted 5/31/2010 10:49:35 AM

Yes it will, but I don't know to what extent.

Also, Lagi is good for Sharpness+1 too: sharpness is a pain with Axes, but with that skill it will take longer.

Er, Low rank Lagi, does not have sharpness +1, it has Razor Sharp which doubles the amount of hits needed to degrade to the lower level of sharpness. The only low rank that has sharpness +1 is Ceadeus. Finally it really isn't worth gemming in Sharpness +1 when it can be easily obtained with other armors.
#10ZanimarPosted 5/31/2010 10:52:22 AM

Makes sense, thanks to the both of you.

Last question... (I'm only beginning to think about switching from LS to SA to add a little variety to my game)
Should I aim for similar skills when I upgrade to High Rank armor? Do you have any (HR) armor to recommend in particular?

Well this part I don't know as I am one of the few who is forever destined to never be allowed to play this game online. As far as I know, the skills aren't necessarily the same. I mean you can upgrade the LR Lagi for HR defense and it would still be a worthwhile armor to use, but at that point, you have access to so much options also when you get to high rank, it becomes a better option to mix up the armor to get the skills you want rather than using complete armor sets.