Punishing draw & hammer

#31GambitUSPosted 6/7/2010 5:41:14 PM
Magician is terrible at saying what he means. Overlook that.

The fact that he completely disregarded the actual question didn't help any. TC wants to know if Punishing Draw ADDS more KO damage to the unsheathed super pound on the hammer, or if it doesn't benefit at all from Pun. Draw. TC is simply attempting to maximize KO potential (Though, It's unclear if it'd be worth sheathing after every superpound for the added KO even if it was the case).

Now then, I don't think anybody could know of this, unless they looked at the game data or performed crazy analysis runs on Uragaan or something. Both of which not many on gamefaq's forums will do. It's a great question though TC, I'd love to know myself.

---
PSN: Gaius_Thrones; Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, White Knight Chronicles, Borderlands
Awaiting: Monster Hunter Tri
#32animeboy26Posted 6/7/2010 5:43:13 PM
they're*
---
The difference between our realities is that I can turn yours off
#33GottlosesVolkPosted 6/8/2010 2:46:56 AM
@animeboy26:

I meant that Crit Draw sucks for hammers.

For GS i believe that Crit Draw outperforms AUL if ur a good player.
#34downslidePosted 6/8/2010 3:35:35 AM
My head hurts from some of the posts in these topics.

Take a hammer with 100% affinity and crit draw. Unsheathe into a charge and do the spinning attack and you will notice all your attacks are critical hits including the golfswing.

Take a hammer with punishing draw. Unsheathe into a charge and do the spinning attack and you will notice all your attacks are adding KO status including the golfswing.

You won't get 'double' critical hits from 100% affinity and crit draw, same as you wont get 'additional' Ko status from the golfswing because you have punishing draw. CLEAR???

---
I don't need a signature.
#35randomsentinelPosted 6/8/2010 3:39:20 AM
lost brain cells reading most of these responses.

to answer the OP: not really redundant, but kinda pointless. i can think of many other skills i would rather have for hammer before punish draw.
---
I have tribal spirit. Does this mean I'm cool now?!
GT: ShuffleXBL
#36UseFlashbombsPosted 6/8/2010 4:50:25 AM
ITT: Good and sincere question followed by angry and drunk magician. Then, lulz..
---
Cepharoth RIP12-14-2009 | MHtri ID EM5JB6 MrFlare
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9497/useflashbombs.png
#37GottlosesVolkPosted 6/8/2010 6:40:06 AM
Take a hammer with 100% affinity and crit draw. Unsheathe into a charge and do the spinning attack and you will notice all your attacks are critical hits including the golfswing.

Take a hammer with punishing draw. Unsheathe into a charge and do the spinning attack and you will notice all your attacks are adding KO status including the golfswing.

You won't get 'double' critical hits from 100% affinity and crit draw, same as you wont get 'additional' Ko status from the golfswing because you have punishing draw. CLEAR???

As i said before, i also believe that pun draw doesnt add additional K.O. value to attacks that already deal K.O.

But as long as no1 has tested it, we won't ever know.

Ur falsification is wrong sadly.

Having a critical hit is a yes/no situation, even without crit draw. Crit Draw changes that yes/no check from a percentage (between 0% and whatever is the max % u can get, 100% is impossible i think) to a 100% yes if the attack is an unsheathe attack.

So with crit draw, a percentage is raised from any value to 100%.

Pun Draw on the other hand, works completely different.

Every attack in the game has K.O. value or not. They also have different numerical values.

It does one of the following, which one hasn't been tested so far afaik:

a) checks if the attack is an unsheathe, if yes, it adds K.O. value.

b) checks if attack is an unsheathe. If yes, it then checks if has K.O. value. If no, it adds a certain number of K.O. value.

So there s no yes/no check without having Pun Draw. EVER. It doesn't raise a chance to 100%. It only will decide between certain triggers.

So I'm almost certain it HAS to work differently for these 2.

maybe one of the players who take the time to translate japanese data mining sites know
#38Greaterthan3Posted 6/8/2010 6:58:58 AM
"but seeing as the people who wrote the description aren't as dependable as the language their writing in, it's a legitimate question. "

I'd say language isn't even an issue here. Tooltip errors happen all the time even in games developed in English. WoW anyone?

The guy who makes the damage formula isn't the same guy who writes the tooltip and sometimes the telephone game makes tooltips go wrong.

I would question a skill that says it grants KO to draw attacks. You never know. 50% odds it adds KO to all weapons (more if it already did) and the tooltip guy got it wrong, 50% it adds only to those that didn't.

From previous posts ITT, it seems some players have already figured it out and it doesn't.

---
Gamefaqs board is the greatest non-linear turn based RPG of all time.
#39GottlosesVolkPosted 6/8/2010 7:04:19 AM
As soon as i finally get my hands on a pun draw charm (so i won't have to make full uragaan or ura+), i will test this.

Probably (sadly) proving that it won't add additional K.O.

or....

Turning a poor skill to a very good skill :D
#40downslidePosted 6/8/2010 10:44:54 AM
From the damage FAQ.

Another special property of KO in this game is that the KO amount listed under the [TYPE] chart is constant for that attack, but it is also affected by your [SHARP] variable.

To me that's pretty clear you wont get any additional KO from punishing draw and attacks with a KO amount listed already.
---
I don't need a signature.