Lagiacrus Horn

#1kindakirbyPosted 7/5/2010 4:29:08 PM
I realize that I'm supposed to break its face--er, horns--for Lagiacrus' Horn, but I've been doing it for the past couple hours and it's not really working for me. I'm wearing Jaggi Mask and the rest of it is pure Baggi; I've got so many hides and scales and plates that at this point, I could build my own Lagiacrus. A hornless one, that is.

I've been capturing Lagiacrus, incidentally; should I be killing it? Is it a carve or a reward?

Thanks in advance.
#2SirDanethPosted 7/5/2010 4:31:27 PM
Break face and you get a horn. If you aren't getting horns, you aren't breaking face.
---
The original headlocker from PS1.
#3kindakirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 4:34:29 PM
I've been trying my best to break its face, but I only get one horn broken. Is it possible to break both of Lagiacrus' horns? I'm looking at the MH wiki, but I can't really tell from the picture.
#4-3ID-CronicPosted 7/5/2010 4:41:03 PM
the hunt quest won't ever give you horns ( correct me if I'm wrong ) the hunt has side quests of cutting the tail and dropping off a tear. the capture however has side quests of breaking the horn & cutting the tail. you have something like a 66% chance of getting the horn doing the cap quest.
#5-3ID-CronicPosted 7/5/2010 4:42:58 PM
err wiki says I'm wrong but I swear thats how i got all mine
#6kindakirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 5:00:59 PM
Just did a few more cap quests and still no horn. I swear I'm breaking his face--every time it happens, he loses a horn and the shattering effect happens.

The cap quest has side quests of breaking his chest and his tail, rather than his head. :/ I'll do it again, but ... I'm getting discouraged, haha. Maybe I have to break both horns? Is that possible?
#7DarkMarc009Posted 7/5/2010 5:03:16 PM
When you damage his head, one of his horns will look like it's half broken, that's as far as it breaks. Just keep trying. =]
---
Remember folks, it's not about how much you game over, but how much you DIE.
#8Old_RatPosted 7/5/2010 5:03:37 PM
It's not possible to break both. Once you see that shattering effect on his head, you're done. If you don't get a horn in rewards, it's bad luck. It shows up in rewards for both killing and capturing.
#9-3ID-CronicPosted 7/5/2010 5:05:46 PM
1 broken horn is enough , was going to tell you to use this
( http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Lagiacrus ) as a reference but the head pic is awful

good luck , maybe a jaggi hat would help with that too lol
#10Draco Legend Fury IXPosted 7/5/2010 5:09:44 PM
You only have one chance at the horns per run. Nothing else matters when trying to get horns other than breaking them. If you're still not getting them, it's just bad luck.
---
-5: Pwned User has been totally pizzown'd by an administrator. -MManX Best. Level. Evar