Quick HR points...

#1Mugen_ShinatoPosted 7/11/2010 7:56:43 PM
alright, i've been stuck at 36 hr all day...it sucks, I am close to hr 40...but can't ever find a group to really hr grind (most have the idea that hr great jag or Peco is good for grinding...idiots, no it isn't, 540 possible points isn't grinding, thats wasting time!) and I am having trouble soloing high rank monsters not because I can't do it (Besides the advanced fearsome twosome, royal ludroths have always been my bane for some odd reason) it is just I get bored or time out...Just wondering what is a good way to get hr points fast?

Note, the people on my friend roster magically always in groups and are 10 to 20 ranks ahead of me, no matter what I do, I can't get into a group for more than 1 quest really.
---
ADD and Bad luck aren't bad together...unless you are facing a peco who just summoned a deviljho...
#2BigBlackMarthPosted 7/11/2010 8:01:46 PM
You better stick to peco. Seriously, you can call people idiots and say they are wasting time, but I really don't listen to someone that can't kill 2 royal ludroth.
---
From a head full of pressure rest the senses that I clutch, made a date with divinity but she wouldn't let me ****.
#3apolloflameownsPosted 7/11/2010 8:02:52 PM
Recruitment server join this
High Rank hr51~
Ask them to do quest
You all do quest
????
PROFIT!!!
---
red joker:3867-2193-4043(japaneezy) black ace:4640-6968-9201(english)
platinum 2493-0945-8023(for trades only) soul silver 2579-3916-1665
#4Mugen_Shinato(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 8:07:37 PM
alright alright, my fault, i'll admit, I shouldn't be so harsh, just when I get frustrated I become quick to judge. Really, it is sad I have trouble with Rudy (my nick name for the spongy, rolling spammer) yet I don't have a problem with Ian, barroth, barioth, gigginox, lagiacrus (he is a pain in the water, but to me, but isn't bad) basically, I can solo all the monsters except for jhen (don't have anything to do that yet interms of what is needed,) Los (I can't solo him anymore...back in freedom 1 I could solo him, not anymore.)

I also can't solo diablos (nerf my foot, he seems harder to me, then again, been a long time since I fought him,) Anagktor (well I haven't attempted a solo since I got my new Jhen hammer, so we will see,) and uragaan (mini is easy to me, I don't know why I have trouble with normal Uragaan)

Well back on to the topic being the fact, I want hr points now, I guess I am just over stating or whatever about taking two quest when we could do one...*breaths* actrually, it is just, its more fun when there are others around, boring when it is by yourself, I was stuck playing offline for a long while, got online like 3 weeks ago =_=...
---
ADD and Bad luck aren't bad together...unless you are facing a peco who just summoned a deviljho...
#5rockmanx00Posted 7/11/2010 8:08:37 PM
and I am having trouble soloing high rank monsters not because I can't do it ...it is just I get bored or time out
Wha? Seriously, if you're having trouble finding people to hunt with, then you should just do it solo. Granted it's faster to do in a group...but getting bored is hardly an excuse. and timing out is an example of NOT being able to do it.

Personally, I like to hunt rathians myself to HR grind....
---
My baby pic....it's only 10 weeks as of 1/29/10
http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/rockmanx00/
#6Mugen_Shinato(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 8:10:29 PM
ironically, I don't use LS anymore except really on Ian and if I am soloing. Then again, a lot of the times I face Rudy now it seems I use the bowgun (I am not use to it since I have blademaster'd for so long) and really, I have bad timing with it. Grant i'ved VC's guide plenty of times, but still have trouble.

---
#7omgwtflolbblPosted 7/11/2010 8:32:20 PM
If you time out, that means you couldn't do it. I went from 31 to 40 almost completely soloing, spending a lot of that time doing 15 minute solo Peco runs because the damn thing would give me some of his mats. Just pick a weapon or armor set to work towards and you won't even notice the grind, you'll just be pissed because that Rathian is so stingy with her freakin' jewels or something similar.

Also, of course mini Uragaan is easy. He moves at a snails pace, his rolling attack suddenly takes 2 steps to avoid, his gas attack is laughable, etc. When you take a monster whose main strength and most powerful noob killing technique is throwing his huge body around and shrink him down do the size of a Jaggi, it becomes a joke.
#8Mugen_Shinato(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 8:34:52 PM
true...*sigh* I frickin suck, and now this is going to get seen by the "elites" and then I am going to be so damn flamed. Is it my fault I decided to sns all of freedom up to the 4 horns urgent in the guild then went to hammer?
---
#9rockmanx00Posted 7/11/2010 8:46:16 PM
nah, besides...some of the monster fight a bit differently from Unite anyway...so it really doesn't matter when you start using a new weapon.

But it's best to use a weapon you are good at if you want to get your HR grinding done quickly. Otherwise, use your time to practice getting better at another weapon...but you can't expect to get it done as quickly.

So it just depends on what you want to do. I only use hammers online, since everyone else in my group uses swords or BG....but if you play with randoms, it might be a good idea to be flexible with your weapon choice. I used a bunch of different weapons in Unite, but only use hammers in this game.
---
My baby pic....it's only 10 weeks as of 1/29/10
http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/rockmanx00/
#10Mugen_Shinato(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 9:22:30 PM
I change it up and such, but right now I am mad at the fact I couldn't do a frickin high rank peco with my jhen hammer echo (it is still ticking me off) because of the reason it summoned Rathian...if it was deviljho, I would of just ether tricked jho into doing my dirty work or just ran and waited, but rathian, I was dodging and killing peco fine, then she went into rage mode in like a minute of her showing (didn't even hit her) and peco had just got done with a attack boost...end of story being I got quick turn charge combo'd into a wall then got eaten, infact I had like [|||||||||| ] that much health left, but I was so damn ticked off about being caught in her grab (my luck with the raths has been rather bad lately) I didn't even bother to try and get out or nothing...then I raged quit and here I am now...