ATTN: All Monster Hunter Players! Avoiding The Desire Sensor

#1meteor6666Posted 7/21/2010 7:47:48 PM
I have done some research... I am amazed at the results but everything here is true.... I assure you....

To avoid the desire sensor, just do the following.
1. Memorize everything you can about specific armor parts, weapons, and any other stuff requiring materials. Don't ever even check what materials are needed for an item. Go on the internet and search what could be needed if you do not remember.

2. DO the quests that give the needed materials. I guarentee you that you will get the materials you need if you break the parts the come from.

3. If you made a mistake and checked the required materials for anything, just play the game doing random missions for about a few hours.

4. The more you check the materials you need, the less of a chance you will get what you want.

5. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE ITEM YOU WANT!!!!! Probably the most important step.... if not tied with tip 1.

6. If you test this out yourself, all your dreams will come true.... except beating kelbidrome....

I tested these steps myself and had a friend try it too. Now how do you not think about the materials you need? Well.... you forget about them and do random quests I guess. Well, thats how I kinda did it. You could also forget while you join the quest or start it. Well, that's all the tips I have. This seems to always work for me now. I tried in Monster Hunter Unite also, works the same. I descovered this 2 days ago. I just did some more testing with desire and carelessness.

Is this luck or just fooling yourself into thinking this can work? I dunno. But man.... this works wonders for me.

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, Monster Hunter Unite, Left4Dead.
Monster Hunter Tri- Wormhole 3LC7L2
#2Wiesel10Posted 7/21/2010 7:48:31 PM
Sticky request
---
o wud ya luk at dat, mah sig chnged agan.
#3The_BobodromePosted 7/21/2010 7:58:45 PM
I've already known about this.

For example, I will fight Uragaan for "fun". Not because I "need" anything. And *poof* 2 Uragaan Rubies. Even though I don't "need" it for anything.
#4meteor6666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2010 8:01:36 PM
7. NEVER EVER SELL MONSTER MATERIALS! I guarentee you that you will need them 2 seconds later or much later.

Bobodrome, that is also a good idea to try. For fun, not for needs.

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, Monster Hunter Unite, Left4Dead.
#5rhb263Posted 7/21/2010 8:05:06 PM
I wish I could actually find the thread and quote this, but it was something like:

"Of all the stupid noob fads I've seen on this board, the desire sensor has to be the most ridiculous."
---
Xandria - EU servers
www.australianhunters.tk
#6meteor6666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2010 8:07:20 PM
And what better way for the desires to be posted here or at least ended here due to tips that worked for me and a friend. I have also read the thread your talking about. It's archived though.

---
#7CorfalPosted 7/21/2010 8:08:30 PM
the pig rivals it... but also in a different category.
#8tech12345Posted 7/21/2010 8:09:58 PM
Great luck>desire sensor
---
MHTri US ID: BFXR8F
Trying to collect all equipment by yourself is tough...
#9meteor6666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2010 8:11:13 PM
Ahem.... Great luck doesnt always help you know. It just duplicates filled boxes, and puts em into other boxes and people go WOW I GOT A LOT OF STUFF and realy its nothing new just more scales n shells.... not the real useful stuff you get 1 or none of.

---
#10MewtwoExPosted 7/21/2010 8:13:28 PM
this info is based on mere luck, i never ever wanted a deviljho gem, and i got like 3 out of 30 deviljhos, meaning, its pure luck if i get the or not
now if yo ureally want to hear a fact, the game counts how many time u have beaten a monster and what rewards u got from them, eventually u will get the odds in ur favor if u keep beating taht monster.
in other words

if you beat a deviljho for the first time, u got the lamest chance of getting a gem from him in anyway
but if u beat a deviljho for the 20th time (assuming u havent got a gem from him before) then u got ur chances a lot higher than the first one and previous deviljho you killed
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg