When's Monster Hunter 4 coming out?

#11GodsPoisonPosted 8/29/2010 10:08:04 PM
Id kill for a Monster hunter on PS3 using Lost planet 2's engine.....
#12JunseikeiPosted 8/29/2010 11:34:27 PM
Monster Hunter 4 will come out when the Monster Hunter 3 generation is done. Of course Frontier and Freedom Unite win over on content; they were the last of the 2 generation. I'm sure when Monster Hunter 2 came out, there wasn't nearly as much content to compare to the releases to follow.

Have patience. Monster Hunter Portable 3 and Monster Hunter Freedom 3 were already announced with some extra goodies. Gunlances, dual swords, greatswords that do even more damage, hammers that inflict stamina damage as well as KO damage, bows and the return of many, but not all monsters seen in Tri. I believe they also said the underwater fighting system was going away, but not 100% sure about this.
---
[NA] MH3 Gunner/ Status LSer: Michi [ID] DET346
...And remember folks, "trollers" and "meme" users are the epitome of asininity.
#13ZGMFX10Amod00Posted 8/30/2010 12:11:49 AM
greatswords that do even more damage, hammers that inflict stamina damage as well as KO damage

Not sure where you are pulling the first part from as GS are pretty much going to be the same in P3 as they are in tri. Hammers have always done exhaust damage (because they are blunt) in tri, just that they do additional KO damage when it is applied to the head of the monster.
---
*Official GameFAQs Junk Tech*
MH3 ID: H9E4Z1 Playing: MH3, GvGN, TvC
#14kaisama88Posted 8/30/2010 12:31:01 AM
I think I will be a while, but Tri is already a best selling MH on home console and development cost is significant lower than other platforms so I won't be surprised if they will make another one for Wii in the future.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#15IIIiryaPosted 8/30/2010 12:31:32 AM

Monster Hunter 4 will come out when the Monster Hunter 3 generation is done. Of course Frontier and Freedom Unite win over on content; they were the last of the 2 generation. I'm sure when Monster Hunter 2 came out, there wasn't nearly as much content to compare to the releases to follow.

Have patience. Monster Hunter Portable 3 and Monster Hunter Freedom 3 were already announced with some extra goodies. Gunlances, dual swords, greatswords that do even more damage, hammers that inflict stamina damage as well as KO damage, bows and the return of many, but not all monsters seen in Tri. I believe they also said the underwater fighting system was going away, but not 100% sure about this.

It's confirmed that p3 won't have underwater battles probably because the camera is controlled with the digi pad since there is no 2nd analog which would make uw battles more of a fight with the controls instead of a fight with the quest target.
Concerning the damage increase it's just going back to the way the freedom series always was it's a portable game after all so you are supposed to be able to finish a quest even solo in a good time.
Some weapons already received a damage increase in tri just look at all the LS multipliers if they would have been in unite the LS wouldn't be 2nd to 3rd bottom tier.
---
I'm no ones slave
PSN Illirya - Currently playing Monster Hunter Tri - IGN Illirya - ID 63VGKG HR86
#16JunseikeiPosted 8/30/2010 1:54:53 AM

greatswords that do even more damage, hammers that inflict stamina damage as well as KO damage

Not sure where you are pulling the first part from as GS are pretty much going to be the same in P3 as they are in tri. Hammers have always done exhaust damage (because they are blunt) in tri, just that they do additional KO damage when it is applied to the head of the monster.

http://www.1up.com/news/monster-hunter-freedom-3-weapon
I pulled my information from here.
---
...And remember folks, "trollers" and "meme" users are the epitome of asininity.
#17ZGMFX10Amod00Posted 8/30/2010 2:15:25 AM
The scans that came out in Famitsu a few weeks before (which is where that article is supposedly getting the info from) does not mention anything about GS being more powerful. >_>

All the info out so far implies the GS will be esseentially the same as it is in tri.
---
*Official GameFAQs Junk Tech*
MH3 ID: H9E4Z1 Playing: MH3, GvGN, TvC
#18JunseikeiPosted 8/30/2010 2:30:41 AM
although apparently charged strikes are going to be a great deal more powerful than before.

Not nothing new has been revealed as of yet.
---
#19NinSagePosted 8/30/2010 3:12:21 AM
If you didn't enjoy this game to the fullest, I'm sorry for you. But please don't try to generalize about MH3 as a whole.

It's the best selling console MH to date because there are too many people who are 400 hours into this "little experiment" and still can't get enough of it.

Conclusion: I wouldn't rest all my hopes on HD if I were you.
#20osan0Posted 8/30/2010 4:59:20 AM
hard to say.

but i have a sneeking feeling that, after the next PSP one, itll be the 3DS that gets the MH treatment. whether itll be MH4 or some upgraded version of MH3...no idea. but i reckon, since the 3DS has the hardware clout to do it, that capcom are going to be very very tempted to focus on the 3DS for a while.