Level 4 Armor help

#1revilfourPosted 5/8/2012 6:20:17 PM
Am a big lover of the MH series, have every game and i just bought Tri. My question is i have blown through Barroth and the Gobul pretty easily, but i have Lagiacrus coming up soon. To my knowledge he is going to be quite a pain in the butt.

My question to you is what armor is the best at this point in the game and will take me the farthest till my next gear check.
Right now im using Jaggi GS and full Jaggi armor.

Also im new to the slash axe, is that just an even cheaper version of LS?

Any advice/ discussion is very appreciated.
---
tigrex > ROID RAGE!
#2mynamesKerranPosted 5/8/2012 9:02:28 PM(edited)
Jaggi is a good choice.

It doesn't have the strongest defense of what you're options are, but with attack up, which is easy to gem up to AuM, or you can gem in speed sharpening if you lose sharpness quickly, or whatever else you could effectively use along with AuS, offensively it's probably the best you can do this early on.

The first fights on land I believe, and the quest ends by repelling it. Not really that hard, he's a piece of cake on land.

I, personally prefer lancing lagi.

Lances are great on land because he hardly moves around, like a sitting target, really.

They're also good for underwater fights like lagi because they have good reach, are fast, easy to maneuver, etc.
---
Phantasy Star Online 2 will ruin my life and Monster Hunter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krycWIaDjUw
#3ninjanickxPosted 5/8/2012 9:06:53 PM
Jaggi armor is still good enough for Lagiacrus. If you want more Attack Up and Defence, then farm for Barroth armor. Personally, I would get full Barroth except for the legs(keep using Jaggi legs). That will give you Attack Up (M) with 4 slots to play with.
---
Not changing this sig until M$ gets off their lazy @$$ and make Killer Instinct 3.
-Started 12/5/09
#4Munchie906Posted 5/9/2012 4:03:51 PM
Ludroth armor sparkles when you get hit :D, highly suggest it... i find myself getting hit on purpose just to be dazzled sometimes...
#5DivinewargodPosted 5/9/2012 11:19:19 PM
Munchie906 posted...
Ludroth armor sparkles when you get hit :D, highly suggest it... i find myself getting hit on purpose just to be dazzled sometimes...

This guy is a genius!

Gem in Protection for an additional 80% sparkling attribute.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#6Munchie906Posted 5/9/2012 11:45:00 PM
it also looks nice in the tundra...
#7OmegaZero250Posted 5/10/2012 3:27:12 PM
I just use Barroth armor when facing lagi.
---
''A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage.'' -Majora's Mask-
Like cats? Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVxtufaLlQ
#8SuperSonic110Posted 5/10/2012 3:48:13 PM
I just use chainmail on everything.
---
Most babies are born with sexual thoughts. After all, the first thing the doctors do is smack their ***.
#9OmegaZero250Posted 5/10/2012 4:26:07 PM
SuperSonic110 posted...

Don't listen to this idiot. Just use Barroth armor and make sure to dodge often.
---
''A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage.'' -Majora's Mask-
Like cats? Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVxtufaLlQ
#10SuperSonic110Posted 5/10/2012 6:09:24 PM
OmegaZero250 posted...
SuperSonic110 posted...

Don't listen to this idiot. Just use Barroth armor and make sure to dodge often.

No, dodging is the worst thing to do. You have to get in there and fight till the death!
---
Most babies are born with sexual thoughts. After all, the first thing the doctors do is smack their ***.