The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do all bosses have a window of time for a lvl3 charge from a Great Sword?

#1The IcecreamManPosted 5/16/2012 1:51:50 AM
So far, I've only begun fighting the Qurupeco. I figured the window of opportunity is when Great Jaggi is howling or is getting back up after a knock down.
---
Black Ops PSN profile: GI-Jew
Black Ops Wii profile: GI-Jew
#2_RyuujiPosted 5/16/2012 4:03:56 AM
These windows are everywhere. You'll also find that there are many more for peco and jaggi.
---
Goldeneye: Mihawk - 2639 8549 9331
MHTri EU Servers: Aisaka
#3danishjuggler21Posted 5/16/2012 4:57:37 AM
Seems like this would be a great time for someone to post links to some really good/informative greatsword videos.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#4GobulHysteriaPosted 5/16/2012 7:59:12 AM
youtube.com/socialdissonance
#5SouretsuPosted 5/16/2012 8:27:35 AM(edited)
There are multiple opportunities for every monster to land Lv3 charges. When using a greatsword, it's important to know what the monster might/will do next and place charge attacks ahead of time. If you're new to MH, it's probably not the best weapon to use, but I used them at first too, and they're still my weapon of choice.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (437 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8
#6harmony10Posted 5/16/2012 9:46:13 AM
If you're in a group, everytime a monster is attacking someone else is a window for you to LV3

In solo, yeah pretty much, most of the time its just committing to actually doing the lv3 instead of rolling out early
---
MH3 Name: Yifan, ID: VL8P17
EU Server, HR:300+
#7danishjuggler21Posted 5/16/2012 10:35:16 AM
For a Qurupeco specifically, there are a LOT of opportunities to land an L3. When he's calling another monster, when he's singing, when he's dancing, etc. It's easy to knock him out of the air, and follow up with an L3.

It's tougher to land L3's on a Great Jaggi. He doesn't spend a lot of time idle. He's easy enough to kill quickly with just draw attacks, though.

BTW, I don't recall SD's videos being remarkably helpful with regards to learning to L3 charge.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#8GobulHysteriaPosted 5/16/2012 10:43:50 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
BTW, I don't recall SD's videos being remarkably helpful with regards to learning to L3 charge.

SD is pretty much the best player of all time. If you don't find his advice useful it's probably because you aren't smart enough to understand.
#9sharkmammothPosted 5/16/2012 1:51:03 PM
yeah there is but on some monsters its harder than others. fore example diablos and barioth have only a few exploitable openings for lvl3 (for me). dont try for lvl 3 all the time though.

social dissonance is a good jack of all trades player but i think there are others that are better at certain weapons
#10DoktoroktopusPosted 5/16/2012 1:52:02 PM
GobulHysteria posted...
danishjuggler21 posted...

SD is pretty much the best player of all time. If you don't find his advice useful it's probably because you aren't smart enough to understand.

This is what they say about drugs
---
Cyrus is the Pilot of the Mezzanine.
Armored Core V: Apply to be screened and ranked with the The Azure Knights.