Monster Hunter Tri vs. Dragon's Dogma

#1aznsamvillePosted 5/29/2012 8:58:33 PM
Since both games have similar mechanics and both created by Capcom, so which is the better game?
#2jr059375Posted 5/30/2012 1:48:02 AM
They're both vastly different, sure it reminds you of monster hunter, but they're both very very different games.
---
PSN - DudeManBro MGO - Dude_Man_Bro <RIP
Currently playing Monster Hunter Tri, MGSHD, BF3
#3alacer807Posted 5/30/2012 4:17:37 AM
Dragon's Dogma isn't even out yet, is it?
---
"If you have an all seeing eye, why can't you see pandora's location?"
"Because of my slightly botched laser eye surgery..."
#4HeavyarmsJasonPosted 5/30/2012 4:31:26 AM
Yeah Dragon Dogma is out.
#5Furikuri_flclPosted 5/30/2012 4:38:15 AM
If both games implemented some of the other's features, it could make them much better than they currently are.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3782-8772-5411
#6DeltabanePosted 5/30/2012 8:38:39 AM
Dragons dogma sucks
---
...And The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth
#7AlpaIPosted 5/30/2012 9:17:34 AM
Why would you come to a MH board and ask that question? lol
---
People I currently hate: Canadians, Hipsters, French people, Idiots, Women gamers, and Forum posters who don't realize how little they really know.
#8CrmsnFatalis96Posted 5/30/2012 12:28:27 PM
aznsamville posted...
Since both games have similar mechanics and both created by Capcom, so which is the better game?

The only mechanic that is similar is that you do different damage depending on where you hit the monster.

If both games implemented some of the other's features, it could make them much better than they currently are.

I somewhat agree. I think that DD could benefit by:

1. Having more boss fights.

2. getting rid of the auto-targeting.

3. have more hit-zones on the bosses (right now they pretty much have one weakpoint and everywhere else is bad).

4. An equipment crafting system where you use monster's materials to make your equipment.

If these features were in DD, I think the game would be 10 times better; it's still really fun though.

However, I really can't think of any feature from DD that would make MH better.

On topic, I think that MH3 is better than DD.
#9chumpykalamoonaPosted 5/30/2012 2:03:01 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...

Monster Hunter could benefit from a really in depth character creation system. Anything's better than "pick face, pick hair, you're done."
---
White FC: 1635-9533-3438
#10Monster SlasherPosted 5/30/2012 2:09:19 PM(edited)
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
aznsamville posted...

The only mechanic that is similar is that you do different damage depending on where you hit the monster.

I somewhat agree. I think that DD could benefit by:

1. Having more boss fights.

2. getting rid of the auto-targeting.

3. have more hit-zones on the bosses (right now they pretty much have one weakpoint and everywhere else is bad).

4. An equipment crafting system where you use monster's materials to make your equipment.

If these features were in DD, I think the game would be 10 times better; it's still really fun though.

On topic, I think that MH3 is better than DD.

You forgot the co-op multi-player in your list.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;