There's no excuse for the lack of targeting or health bars in this game

#1FurryPhilosiferPosted 1/10/2013 3:08:40 PM
Other than creating false difficulty through awkward controls, there is simply none.
---
We're all friends here.
#2kuhchungPosted 1/10/2013 3:48:26 PM
what a bad game
#3Brian1337Posted 1/10/2013 3:50:32 PM
FurryPhilosifer posted...
Other than creating false difficulty through awkward controls, there is simply none.

I'm afraid we can never be friends.
---
XBL Gamer Tag Sticky Pwnz PSN: xXIStickyBudsIXx Monster Hunter Tri Name Brian666 HR 150+
#4Hawke0Posted 1/10/2013 4:05:55 PM
What do health bars have to do with controls?

Any competent player would do worse with lock on.
---
now playing Metroid, Castlevania III, Punch Out, and StarTropics.
Super Mario Bros Lost Levels>World>3
#5jagger_wandererPosted 1/10/2013 4:16:26 PM
Since we're asking for lock on how about an auto dodge mechanic? Or maybe a bot that'll play the game for us while we just show off all the stuff that we got?
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#6ohitsthatguy1Posted 1/10/2013 11:14:08 PM
jagger_wanderer posted...
Since we're asking for lock on how about an auto dodge mechanic? Or maybe a bot that'll play the game for us while we just show off all the stuff that we got?

sorry. i thought i was in the diablo 2 forums for a moment.
---
4641 1656 3643; V.Joe/Dante/Vergil
August
#7SolidKnightPosted 1/10/2013 11:46:55 PM
They should also make lancers move at normal speed when they have their weapon out.
#8_Viper_85Posted 1/11/2013 12:03:51 AM
I love the fact that you can't lock on. It makes it so much more challenging sometimes not knowing where the monster is and learning to be skilful enough that you have the monster in your sights at all times.

Go play zelda!

And not having health bars is realistic. I mean, the other day on the way to work I encountered a dragon. That didn't have a magical bar of life floating above its head...
#9GQ23Posted 1/11/2013 4:14:50 PM
I apologize that you cannot eat while playing. What the heck is false difficulty?

You are probably the same form of person who is always talking about "realistic looking graphics".

What looks realistic to me is not being able to lock on and not having a magic bar showing monster health. In fact you are lucky you even get a health bar I'd remove that too. The person should be able to judge how much damage they are taking and maybe it would prevent all the "get hit eat potion until I run out 5 min in players".
#10SolidKnightPosted 1/11/2013 5:33:44 PM
GQ23 posted...
I apologize that you cannot eat while playing. What the heck is false difficulty?

It's a misnomer term for games only being harder because of flaws or some aspect being precieved as unfair. It's a misnomer because games are entirely artificial projects and thus all difficulty is artificial and/or false as any game designer could have made the game easier if they simply designed it to be easier.