Attention: Bored people who have since moved onto other games.

#1AlpaIPosted 1/17/2013 9:09:08 AM
I'm summoning you back to Monster Hunter, with the new game and the demo set for the next couple months It's time we returned.

Our return date is set for January 26th, be there.
---
I'm Always Right
#2OngoBayPosted 1/17/2013 9:21:13 AM
Who are you?
#3AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:22:56 AM
OngoBay posted...
Who are you?

January 26th.
---
I'm Always Right
#4OngoBayPosted 1/17/2013 9:24:32 AM
k
#5_Viper_85Posted 1/17/2013 10:31:52 AM
It's funny because I've been thinking the opposite today. I've been playing this game pretty hard since November and was thinking that maybe I should take a break from it, so as not to over do it and wear out the enthusiasm just before Ultimate comes out.

I'm also thinking that with the server closure happening so soon I should really stop bothering to try and get my HR up. What's the point really now?
#6AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:34:36 AM
_Viper_85 posted...
It's funny because I've been thinking the opposite today. I've been playing this game pretty hard since November and was thinking that maybe I should take a break from it, so as not to over do it and wear out the enthusiasm just before Ultimate comes out.

I'm also thinking that with the server closure happening so soon I should really stop bothering to try and get my HR up. What's the point really now?

Clearly our positions are differently. I haven't actually played the game full time for over a year since I got to 999. I'm coming back to try and knock some of that rust off, and get re-motivated to hardcore a MH game.
---
I'm Always Right
#7_Viper_85Posted 1/17/2013 10:40:40 AM
AlpaI posted...
_Viper_85 posted...

Clearly our positions are differently. I haven't actually played the game full time for over a year since I got to 999. I'm coming back to try and knock some of that rust off, and get re-motivated to hardcore a MH game.

Oh I agree. Sorry, I didn't intend for it to come across how it did. I wasn't really commenting/disputing on your position or idea. Just merely thinking out loud, probably in the wrong place.

My bad.
#8AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:43:24 AM
_Viper_85 posted...
AlpaI posted...
_Viper_85 posted...

Oh I agree. Sorry, I didn't intend for it to come across how it did. I wasn't really commenting/disputing on your position or idea. Just merely thinking out loud, probably in the wrong place.

My bad.

Lol you didn't do anything wrong, I wasn't upset or anything.

Perhaps you'll be more motivated to play the game if we can get some decent nights of Gamefaqs city again. I miss the days when there were actual multiple cities of people playing there :(
---
I'm Always Right
#9_Viper_85Posted 1/17/2013 11:09:16 AM(edited)
To be fair, the last couple nights I've been playing with gfaq guys on the EU server which has been good. I just think it seems a bit silly to get right into it and up to a good rank where I'm happy with myself for it just to be shut off and ill have to start again.

May aswell just wait and start again when Ultimate comes out.

For people like yourself who've been round the block but are a bit rusty having a practice now is a perfect idea.

Just maybe not for new people.
#10Newts_UtePosted 1/17/2013 1:21:46 PM
Starting again is the fun part. When you're end game you can just power through anything. Survivability is what makes the game enjoyable to me.

Must admit I did enjoy myself the other night, first time playing Tri in over 2 years. I still bust out MHFU and P3rd from time to time but even that was over 6 months ago last time.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim