GameFAQS City: Meet up and hunt with fellow board members (Returns January 26th)

#1AlpaIPosted 1/21/2013 3:01:58 PM
What is GameFAQS city?

GameFAQs city was an idea suggested by the user Lagiacrus. It is a place where players can meet up and hunt with other board members, forming a better community for online play.

What is the point of attempting to create a city dedicated to the GameFAQs community?

Better communication with our fellow hunters, as well as building our boards community as a whole.

Where is this city located?

Recruiting>Greed2>Gate33.

Why Greed2?

The purpose of having it in Greed 2, is because there is less random traffic there. By having less random traffic, it will ensure that those who come to Greed 2, will most probably be GameFAQs users. As we are trying to make a city for GameFAQs users, we need to filter out randoms. If we held this in Greed1, we would have many more randoms come in, as that is the busiest Server, and would be counter intuitive to the goal of even having a GameFAQs city in the first place.

Will people help me hunt?

Seeing it is a recruitment server, there will be multiple cities for you to choose from, as well as having the ability to create your own rooms for what you would like to hunt or farm. Remember, be polite. Do not join random rooms and ask or beg other players to help with your quest; it would most likely upset everyone in that room.

Basics:
Be polite.
Friendliness is a plus.
Remember, always pull your own weight! Nobody likes leechers. If you need help learning, just ask around and you are sure to find a mentor or two.

Once again, GameFAQs City will be located at Recruiting>Greed2>City Gate33

Good luck to this community experiment, and happy hunting!

Credit to:
The Lagiacrus (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/55022100)
Dem_Irbis (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/55022858)
Lord Grahf for suggestions.
ElectricDoodie for everything.
inb4Agosta
Vandyan for re-igniting this..
Booshki for originating this.
Any others I have forgotten.
And of course, the community, for helping support this community and its growth.

Feel free to use Gamefaqs city as a place to play for now but we'll be back in action on January 26th.

*I LUB BOOSHKI*
---
I'm Always Right
#2AgostaNeverDiesPosted 1/21/2013 3:21:35 PM
Oh boy.
---
Proud Male Gamer
#3AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:23:56 PM
AgostaNeverDies posted...
Oh boy.

YEAH

U
---
I'm Always Right
01/26/2013
#4UlNinPosted 1/21/2013 5:23:40 PM
Pre 26 warm-up.

2/4
---
MH3U - FalbonFan
#5VandalCrownPosted 1/21/2013 6:14:53 PM
Come hunt. 3/4
---
I'm pissed off for greatness
Currently journeying around Gran Soren with Cyrus the Pawn!
#6VandalCrownPosted 1/21/2013 7:12:30 PM
We advertised in Club1KJho. January 26th ALL DAY GFAQs Reunion!

Come on out and let's get some hunts in before the servers shut down!
---
I'm pissed off for greatness
Currently journeying around Gran Soren with Cyrus the Pawn!
#7Anhell310Posted 1/21/2013 7:23:05 PM
Im down
---
Stop whit Sd hate topics
>_<
#8Brian1337Posted 1/21/2013 8:57:56 PM
Hr 1 in chain mail but I will be partaking in this after a very long hiatus. And this will probably turn ni no kuni in to a coaster. Fml
---
XBL Gamer Tag Sticky Pwnz PSN: xXIStickyBudsIXx Monster Hunter Tri Name Brian666 HR 150+
#9UAE88Posted 1/22/2013 1:42:05 AM
I would like to join but the time difference is a killer.

I'm GMT +4 :p
#10flsomervPosted 1/22/2013 5:07:44 AM
I'll be there. I didn't get any hunts in last night--just some riveting conversation.

But, hey, I can say, "I was there, man. I was there."
---
"This isn't the anger of a vampire hunter,
This is the rage of all humanity!"