rapid fire gunning is fun

#1metriodfan2Posted 1/22/2013 12:00:12 PM
i decided to make an element rapid fire lagiacrus set for kicks and i have to say, i like it. sure it doesn't feel like im doing that much damage compared to using a melee weapon but its fun being able to sit back and spam my fire or water or electricity or ice (dragon seems pointless with how little ammo you get with it)

plus its pretty fun knocking gigginox off the wall with a flurry of fire shots.

thoughts on rapid fire? also, does crag count as elemental?
---
Yahtzee, inFamous review:
Finally, a hero in a sandbox game who can justify the fact that he can't swim.
#2kuhchungPosted 1/22/2013 12:39:46 PM(edited)
Crag is garbage, I think RF fire is good, dragon is okay/fun, I hate the rest
#3LagiBaitPosted 1/22/2013 1:01:56 PM
RF element is fun, but my gear for this application is currently a heavy bowgun, and I hate the lack of mobility. I could try to put together a medium RF element set, but I'm sure my load-out / recoil would suffer (making it less-fun). Meh.
---
MH3 Name: Loosie; US Server; Alpal is the official goat for MH3
#4UlNinPosted 1/22/2013 1:07:09 PM
kuhchung posted...
Crag is garbage, I think RF fire is good, dragon is okay/fun, I hate the rest

zomg! CRAGCRAGCRAGCRAG is awesome!

The triple hit from non-Fire/Dragon elemental gunning blows. With no hit compression, you can't load all the damage onto the vulnerable hitzone. The damage nerf on RF Pierce is brutal and RF Pellet is only available on a folding frame.

I've had fun with the Bloodguilty Maw and RF Poison. It's really only viable[1] against Uragaan, Diablos and Barroth, but it's a blast. And it's different from Pierce.

RF Clust is kinda fun too - the carnage looks amazing. But with a capacity of 5 rounds and 10 more in combines, it's way too limited to be useful. This is the limitation with CRAGCRAGCRAGCRAG too - a total of 19 shots isn't really a lot of damage. That plus all explosive ammo isn't the most group-friendly playstyle for a gunner.

[1] "Viable" meaning less damage than you would do if you were using Pierce as opposed to a lot less damage than you would do if you were using Pierce.
---
MH3U - FalbonFan
#5kuhchungPosted 1/22/2013 3:36:41 PM
LagiBait posted...
RF element is fun, but my gear for this application is currently a heavy bowgun, and I hate the lack of mobility. I could try to put together a medium RF element set, but I'm sure my load-out / recoil would suffer (making it less-fun). Meh.

I actually really like evasion up with the heavy/folding gun.
#6GobulHysteriaPosted 1/22/2013 3:44:47 PM
kuhchung posted...
LagiBait posted...

I actually really like evasion up with the heavy/folding gun.

Quit stealing my sets.
#7kuhchungPosted 1/22/2013 3:58:20 PM
ilu Top
#8VandalCrownPosted 1/22/2013 5:39:55 PM
I've yet to see someone get blown back from a misfired Crag shot.

That being said, I haven't seen a crag set better than VC's Crag/Pierce set in the FAQs. If anyone has, let me know.
---
I'm pissed off for greatness
Currently journeying around Gran Soren with Cyrus the Pawn!
#9Monster SlasherPosted 1/22/2013 5:48:45 PM
VandalCrown posted...

That being said, I haven't seen a crag set better than VC's Crag/Pierce set in the FAQs. If anyone has, let me know.

I run a Crag/Status set which is okay for the gimmick that it is. I don't think VC's set can be topped if we're talking about Aquamatic Spark sets though. The only skill that you could live without is probably Pierce 1 Up but I was never able to find a better skill to put in its place.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#10UlNinPosted 1/22/2013 7:02:30 PM
VandalCrown posted...

VC has always maintained that his set selections are influenced by attainability. So it depends on your Precision talismans. If I had Precision god, I could do his set with Pierce All Up. As it is, I get to pick between Bombardier or Windproof Lo.
---
MH3U - FalbonFan