Critical Draw or Att Up S

#31MH3UPosted 1/28/2013 4:40:54 AM
_Viper_85 posted...
Another question; does affinity/critical hits affect the amount of paralysing blows your weapon does? When I had critical draw on I seemed to be paralysing a lot more than when I don't. Or is it just pure coincidence?

This may help:

http://mhtri.comeze.com/damage.html

Choose the weapon, then choose the monster for which you wish to use your weapon with. For non-GS users, under Critical Hit, check Average to compute for the average damage you can cause based on the affinity of the weapon. For GS users using Critical Draw, check Positive under Critical Hit to determine the damage caused by draw attacks.

Critical Draw, Critical Eye nor the weapon's affinity does not affect the amount of status points per successful status infliction (poison cloud, para spark, sleep cloud) of a weapon in bringing down a monster's status tolerance to zero. See Remarks column to determine how many successful status infliction you need to cause said status of weapon.

Hope this helps.
#32BladeofFalconPosted 1/28/2013 5:22:04 AM
I remember a time when every question is answered by "search bar" and "damage FAQ". I miss those days.
---
When someone say plz because it's shorter than please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Club1kjho/
#33kuhchungPosted 1/28/2013 8:17:12 AM
Soraynzu posted...
kuhchung posted...

demolish was playing Monster Protector Tri. I got launched during sonic, launched during trip, and hack n slashed a few times. He also had a jolly good time chugging all 9 of his free meds, which he ran back to camp to grab, I think.

Oh yes, disabled blos was the only time he chose to come in and attack.

I had my own Meds. So I didn't need the ones at camp.

Oh and I definitely launched you a few times( those I apologised for) ... Hmm... & coming in when Los was down? That's a bit exaggerated - The first "Double Trouble" Ulnin was there, that quest was cleared fast. Do you not remember us taking turns Locking in both the Raths? First Ian then Los.

Second time around we got split up. At the start I ended up with Los in area 4 - you guys had Ian in 8. You capped Ian, & Los flew there soon after.

Even the quest where Ong was disconnected, right after I stayed & finished Los with you.

I don't what kind of impression you might have got of me, but I wouldn't leave you two to do all the work. That's just being a ****.

You're not demolish. We had fun with you. demolish was someone else.
#34_Viper_85(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:02:18 AM
BladeofFalcon posted...
I remember a time when every question is answered by "search bar" and "damage FAQ". I miss those days.

But if everyone answered questions like that everyone would stop asking questions.

And if everyone stopped asking questions you'd have nowhere to moan apout people asking questions...
#35ohitsthatguy1Posted 1/28/2013 10:25:06 AM
_Viper_85 posted...
BladeofFalcon posted...

But if everyone answered questions like that everyone would stop asking questions.

And if everyone stopped asking questions you'd have nowhere to moan apout people asking questions...

You would think so, wouldn't you?
---
4641 1656 3643; V.Joe/Dante/Vergil
August
#36Anhell310Posted 1/28/2013 10:52:40 AM
Wow tc just wow.

Hey ongo i have yet to see you online. I want to get hunting :)
---
Stop whit Sd hate topics
>_<
#37THEMACHINE007Posted 1/28/2013 11:13:27 AM
Haha, I'm with TC on this one. Fight the Power! Oops, sorry for applying that what gets posted here carries any kind of significance in life involving authority. So, which (random censor stars here) is gonna mod me first? Hmm?
---
For I have the power to kill, without the power to die. THE MACHINE.
#38_Viper_85(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:25:37 AM
Anhell310 posted...
Wow tc just wow.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's a wow in a bad way.

I don't understand what people's problems are. People are ecstatic that this board is way up in the top most active boards, this is the reason why. People asking questions and people answering. With an attitude like bladeoffalcons you may aswell just lock the board and direct everyone who comes here to the FAQ's.

Granted I, and others who ask questions, could have looked through the FAQ but isn't the spirit of all this to share knowledge and discuss things. And I don't really want to trawl through pages and pages when I could ask here, knowing that someone more knowledgable than myself will know and hopefully be able to help and offer up some advice.

So I asked a, possibly stupid, question. I'm also partially responsible for getting a gamefaqs city (sorta, occasionally) going on the EU server. I'm trying to benefit the game that we all love so much. I just think I, and anyone else asking questions for that matter, deserve a little bit more respect when being spoken to.

And if what you think, regardless of if you feel you must express it, doesn't benefit the topic in any way, you're worse than the people asking the questions which could if been answered elsewhere.

I won't be posting on this board anymore.

Take care all..
#39UlNinPosted 1/28/2013 12:25:31 PM
_Viper_85 posted...
I won't be posting on this board anymore.

Take care all..

Well, I guess I'm too late with my response. Here it is anyways:

For a longsword, AUS is almost invariably going to outperform Critical Draw, but as always, there are exceptions to every case. I suspect that Crit Draw can outperform Attack Up Small on a Longsword for Alatreon. Especially if you don't have a good hammer on the team and end up with flight and one or fewer KOs. Possibly a super dig-happy Diablos will lead to better performance from CD, but probably not.

Longswords have a Class Multiplier of 3.3 so AUS adds 10 x 3.3 = 33 to ATK. Demise with charm and talon and nothing else is 643 ATK and a crit is worth 25% more = 160 ATK. The ratio is about 5:1, IOW if you deliver 5 or more attacks per unsheathe, AUS is better. This is not quite exact since there's variability in multipliers for different attacks, but they are all close to the same. Also this assumes that you have no innate Affinity (i.e. Crit Eye).

If you are one of those weirdos who like Calamity for tailcutting, go to yellow and then unsheathe, overhead, fade slash/roll, sheath and repeat - then Crit Draw is better. On Calamity, the crit is worth 185 ATK or almost 6 attacks with AUS. Note that you won't be anywhere close to fulfilling the longsword's potential for damage, but sometimes you hunt with no GS in the group and absolutely need tails.

6:1 vs 5:1 is an interesting ratio for longswords because a full Spirit Combo is 6 hits, although the multipliers are different for each hit. If your playstyle involves spamming the Spirit Combo from unsheathe, then Crit Draw is better on Calamity and AUS is better for every other weapon. I tested this out with the mhtri.comeze.com damage calculator as follows:

Purple Calamity full SC sweep-the-leg on Alatreon with charm and talon and nothing else is (16+20+10+13+5+20) 84 points of damage CD adds 4 points to Spirit 1 for a total of 88. AUS only crosses the round-off threshold on SC1 for 1 point and a total of 85. With a purple Demise, the full sweep-the-leg is 83 points, 87 with CD and 90 with AUS. Not considered in this analysis - Calamity has 5% natural affinity which slightly moves the needle back towards AUS.

What about Sharpness, Heroics, Adrenaline and Fortify? Based on my understanding of the Damage formula, these make no difference to the relative advantages of the armour skills. They are straight up damage multipliers post-facto and therefore will increase the critical damage by the same factor as the AUS boost. i.e. you still need a 5:1 ratio for Demise or a 6:1 ratio for Calamity for the tipping point.

This is on endgame weapons and therefore the best case scenarios for Affinity/Critical Draw. There are also no special negative Affinity high raw longswords. So, for any weapon with lower attack than Demise, the ratio is going to be lower. Thunderclap+ for example is 4:1 (CD only outperforms AUS if you hit fewer than 4 attacks per unsheathe).

Finally, even if your playstyle leans heavily towards unsheathe-overhead hit-and-run or unsheathe-into-two-Spirit-Combo-hits-and-roll; is CD actually better? Theory-wise, yes - but in practical application, maybe not. The benefit of CD over AUS is maximized at "only unsheathe attacks" which will certainly be less damage than normal play with neither CD nor AUS. Especially if elemental damage is considered.
---
If language were liquid, it would be rushing in.
And yet here we are in a silence more eloquent than any words could ever be.
#40THEMACHINE007Posted 1/28/2013 1:07:48 PM
Ulnin is a good guy.
---
For I have the power to kill, without the power to die. THE MACHINE.