What percentage of current Tri players have no idea the servers are closing?

#21Shiranui777Posted 2/15/2013 6:02:55 PM
Someone needs to tell them the meteor is coming that will kill all those dinosaur monsters and that is how they disappeared from the world.
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#22MrBucketPosted 2/15/2013 8:26:20 PM(edited)
I've been playing this game (extremely sporadically) for years! HR 17, found out about a week or two they'd go down. Now I'm pumping up in hopes of making it to kill deviljho (and alat I guess).

Truly, nothing like a bit of a deadline to make you remember what you're missing XD

Someone needs to tell them the meteor is coming that will kill all those dinosaur monsters and that is how they disappeared from the world.

I shall be the blade that splits the meteor and redeems my prey.
---
At your current user level, 5, you are only allowed to post 10 messages every 24 hours. In the past 24 hours, you have posted 25 messages.
#23FabMrFabFabPosted 2/16/2013 11:50:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24OngoBay(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:59:30 AM
Did anyone witness Fabio's self-destruction last night?
---
Crazy bellringer was right, there's money to be made in a place like this.
#25yellowpikminboyPosted 2/17/2013 9:04:30 AM(edited)
OngoBay posted...
Did anyone witness Fabio's self-destruction last night?

"Stop flooding the boards" he said.
Oh the irony.

Also, I met someone last night who had no idea the servers were going down, thinking they'd go down in a few years. +1 to the invisible counter.
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).
#26funkadeliusPosted 2/19/2013 5:43:32 AM
I assumed they were going down after MH3U is released. Doesn't matter much to me anyway. I bought a Wii specifically so I could play Tri and I will buy a Wii U to play MH3U. At least they have another console tittle otw. I remember when MH1 got shut down. That sucked. I don't like handhelds so I was not able to play monster hunter for 2 years or so.

On a side note it would be nice if Capcom found a way to allow ppl to play the online quests offline after the shutdown. It won't happen though, but it would be nice.
---
What is a man put a miserable little pile of secrets? -Vlad Tepes Dracula quoting Malraux
#27VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/22/2013 4:21:52 AM
yellowpikminboy posted...
That's just how things go. Severs cost money, and money is finite. Its not much as pushing as not having too much of a choice. MH3U may need a lot of servers to handle all the players. Plus, Capcom has been having a terrible time recently. Megaman games were cancelled up the ass, RE6 sold poorly, and DmC is doing kinda poorly as well. Whether or not they (and the associated companies) have broken even, I don't know, but none of it is good news.

Though... I could be giving Capcom way too much credit here, if we keep in mind the above examples.

But back to MH; I can tell I'll be playing it to death, considering the four new weapon types (to Tri) and the tripled size of the number of bosses. (even though many are subspecies) Not to mention the only thing I've really tried in MH3 is Switch Axe and Long Sword (LS only in an arena quest or two). That's 11 different things to learn, as well as all the new axes to try against all of the new enemies. I bet there are many others in the same position, and will be keeping the servers busy for a long time.

Again, possibly giving Capcom too much credit, but it makes sense from this standpoint.

here we go again with the "servers cost money" guy. You know what also costs money? Buying the video game. This is obviously a marketing decision, not a cost-cutting one. They are shutting down the old servers to force people into buying the new game. That's it. It's Capcom. They charge you money for alternate costumes in street fighter.

They weren't even MMO servers. Just matchmaking ones, which cost VERY LITTLE to run. Honestly, it's just a glorified chatroom. Once you join a city you're connecting to the other players. The servers doesn't do the networking inbetween.
---
Ron Paul 2012