Tips for new players?

#1frofrodajimyboyPosted 2/12/2013 10:34:58 PM
Just started playing and I'm loving it. I was just wondering if there are any little tips you might be able to offer that people might not think of on their first run through. Little things not covered in the tutorial that go a long way, items/stats that are useless and shouldn't be focused no, etc.
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.
#2DungereezyPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:49 PM
hard to say there's a lot going on in this game, pay attention to elemental weakness (armors give you the basics of it, if an armor has poor lightning resist you know the monster is weak to lightening etc.) Upgrading your gear is always a priority, learning certain gathering spots and combinations come in handy later in the game.

Get lots of honey, spiderwebs, bitter bugs, god bugs and lightning bugs.
Kelbi horns are used in making ancient potions those are awesome.

Dont stick to one type of weapon thats just kinda boring and some monsters sort of stomp on certain weapon types.

Learn to make your own steaks and mega potions dont rely upon what you can buy or get from the box its not cool usually this forces other people to pick up the slack.
#3BladeofFalconPosted 2/12/2013 11:07:43 PM
Server is shutting down April 30th, try to go online after getting 1 full set of armor offline. Or you'll miss out on 80% of the game content.

Don't trust the in-game tutorial, it tells you none of the important stuff. If you have questions, the FAQ tab or the search bar is your friend.

Don't get hit, hit it till it dies.
---
When someone say plz because it's shorter than please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Club1kjho/
#4DungereezyPosted 2/12/2013 11:15:40 PM
yeah get in online play as much as possible.
#5frofrodajimyboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:19:59 AM
BladeofFalcon posted...
Server is shutting down April 30th, try to go online after getting 1 full set of armor offline. Or you'll miss out on 80% of the game content.

Damn, that's a lot... What kind of things are exclusive to online play? I had just assumed that it was basically co-op; same quests and areas in the single-player, but with friends.
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.
#6kuhchungPosted 2/13/2013 12:31:09 AM
There are special event quests that rotate. These are exclusive to online, although most of it is just the same "hunt these monsters."

For your first half of online play, it is pretty much identical to offline play. On the second half, the game basically restarts, but with a "high rank" version of the monster. They have the same movements and stuff, but they hit much harder and have more hp etc. You can forge the high rank version of their armors, which are superior to the low rank/offline versions.

There are three exclusive online monsters that are not offline.
#7heavyacademicPosted 2/13/2013 12:37:20 AM
frofrodajimyboy posted...
Just started playing and I'm loving it. I was just wondering if there are any little tips you might be able to offer that people might not think of on their first run through. Little things not covered in the tutorial that go a long way, items/stats that are useless and shouldn't be focused no, etc.

Read the message "stickied" at the top of this board. Read the FAQs posted here for your convenience. AFAIK there is nothing that is "useless" in the game.

Go online now as the servers will close at the end of April. Read the Online FAQ posted here for useful tips on hoe to play.

Don't die when you are playing with others.
#8heavyacademicPosted 2/13/2013 12:39:11 AM
frofrodajimyboy posted...
What kind of things are exclusive to online play? I had just assumed that it was basically co-op; same quests and areas in the single-player, but with friends.

Read the Online FAQ posted here for your convenience. There are special quests, monsters and items only available online.
#9DungereezyPosted 2/13/2013 1:20:26 AM
love you guys who cant be bothered to answer a question just because it is posted somewhere else, if its such a bother for you to give an actual response why post anything at all?

The three exclusive monsters are Jhen Moran, DevilJho the world eater, and Alatreon. Offline it wont really matter if you don't get their gear since getting +(when you get to hr 30 online everything resets and there's new drops and harder enemies this is commonly referred to as + stuff) gear just makes offline play trivial but you will miss out on some of the cooler stuff.
#10DoktoroktopusPosted 2/13/2013 1:30:08 AM
if its such a bother for you to give an actual response why post anything at all?

Worst argument ever
---
I'm pissed off for greatness
Join an all new Monster Hunter community on club1kjho.forumotion.com!