Servers, don't leave me ):

#1Ceadeus99Posted 4/4/2013 3:06:23 PM
I can't believe they're shutting down the servers. So many memories.

I guess this means no more Deviljho and Jhen...

It's like saying my final goodbyes to an old friend.
---
I am an ancient creature, I will disrupt your peaceful fishing village.
#2Chaos_KreaturePosted 4/4/2013 3:30:59 PM
MH3U has Deviljho. And Jhen. Offline as well as online.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#3Dark_SilverXPosted 4/4/2013 7:15:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Ceadeus99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:33:28 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Why you delete D:
---
#5ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/5/2013 6:30:45 AM
MH3U is like MHtri + MH3rd. There is no reason to play tri.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#6streetfighter76Posted 4/5/2013 10:17:18 AM
I played the heck out of this game and I became very good at it so I have no regrets; but it's a shame they are doing this only to try to promote the Wii U version... ~__~

I mean, I don't have any interest on buying an overpriced next gen console only to play ONE game, especially 'cause I already have all the systems for the current generation where there are tons of GREAT games available and many of them are selling for cheap now.

I believe this series are terribly wasting their potential by staying as a Nintendo exclusive and I truly hope Capcom can finally realize this and give the competition a better opportunity at getting this new game in their arsenal.
I know it's a matter of business contracts and all but to me it's a fact Capcom could be making a lot more money if they make versions for all console makers and also comercialize them here in America.
#7OldDirtyCRPosted 4/8/2013 11:16:57 PM
streetfighter76 posted...
I played the heck out of this game and I became very good at it so I have no regrets; but it's a shame they are doing this only to try to promote the Wii U version... ~__~

I mean, I don't have any interest on buying an overpriced next gen console only to play ONE game, especially 'cause I already have all the systems for the current generation where there are tons of GREAT games available and many of them are selling for cheap now.

I believe this series are terribly wasting their potential by staying as a Nintendo exclusive and I truly hope Capcom can finally realize this and give the competition a better opportunity at getting this new game in their arsenal.
I know it's a matter of business contracts and all but to me it's a fact Capcom could be making a lot more money if they make versions for all console makers and also comercialize them here in America.

Servers cost money to maintain and run. New version of the game has come out, many players have left. There's no point in keeping these servers up anymore from a business standpoint. They no longer make money on the game and it's the right time to shut them down as the new version is superior in every way.

I think it's great you want to voice your opinion, but Capcom for the most part knows what it's doing. You enter exclusivity contracts because it's a mutually beneficial partnership. 360 is a failure in Japan and MH for the 360 was also a failure. It won't happen. They wanted to release portable 3rd here but Sony refused to play ball and it literally cannot happen without a sizable investment on both sides. Neither of which were willing to do it.

The global market has always been an afterthought with Monster Hunter. The sales in Japan drive the series and always have. The total MH sales in Japan completely dwarf anything the US has done for MH.

Anyways your "fact" is not a fact. Making something for all three consoles would shoot the development cost up. Then throw in that the 360 version wouldn't sell at all in their biggest market (Japan). Then throw in that the console versions of MH have always done the worst sales. There's a reason it went from ps2 to psp. Japanese like MH on portable devices, not consoles.

If you want Capcom to take the Global market for MH seriously then you guys need to buy 3U. The sales aren't exactly amazing at the moment and everyone sitting here moaning about how it's not on a psp or ps3 or 360 is not helping.. at all.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#8Ceadeus99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:54:27 PM
Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end. I still get a nostalgic feeling when I hear music from this game. I'll still keep all the good memories I had playing with people on this game, and the rough quests I managed to overcome.

But for now, we move onward, to the new experiences and new great times we'll have hunting with our friends.

Goodbye Monster Hunter Tri, good friend. You will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67IB9z6dViY&
---
#9Chico86_basicPosted 4/10/2013 4:39:24 AM
I'm still playing this sucker till the end of month!