When do you expect we'll have a private server available?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. When do you expect we'll have a private server available?

User Info: ngevan2k

ngevan2k
3 years ago#11
Ok, I have everything setup now.

MH3 uses SLL authentification. The server is still running, but what it does right now is send a message back to the client (your Wii) telling it to "f***off". The next step now is to decrypt the stuff the client and the server are exchanging.

The Wii tries to connect to a server which is owned by Nintendo of America (192.195.204.143). BTW I'm using the EUR version of MH3. Now I have to setup a fake server routing everything to it.

There're still hundreds of entries I have to check, so it will take some time.
www.sufami.de

ngevan2k
3 years ago#12
*SSL
www.sufami.de

User Info: kuhchung

kuhchung
3 years ago#13
gogogogo

User Info: Clayton_or_die

Clayton_or_die
3 years ago#14
Great job! Keep it up!

ngevan2k
3 years ago#15
It's far to soon to congratulate me for anything :)

I setup an old notebook with linux, that will be our server for everything from now on. So as soon as I make some real progress, I can easily bring it online for everyone to connect to.

The official Nintendo server is running an OpenSSL server and it uses 1024-bit RSA encryption. The certificate is best before the year 2036, so I guess when this year comes someone will have to think about something else :)

Oh and it looks like this is only a standard handshake with the Nintendo server, after this, the Wii tries to contact a japanese Capcom server (118.159.134.89). The stuff they exchange is not even encrypted !
www.sufami.de

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
3 years ago#16
Thats interesting. Keep up the good work, fart!
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif

User Info: Siegfried066

Siegfried066
3 years ago#17
Great work so far, John Fart! I also have the EU-version MHTri, so looking forward to this ^_^).
I hope this also will help us with the online-only arena coins (+ maybe even Events).
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)

ngevan2k
3 years ago#18
My old laptop is crap. Nothing works properly, it's ressources are just to small. I'll have to invest into a cheap, new notebook for $400 and a wlan stick which has proper linux drivers. It's a mess with the one I have now because it's running on ndiswrapper and nothing works right. It's just I don't know what bills to pay first at the moment, I'm broke :(
www.sufami.de

User Info: Shmey

Shmey
3 years ago#19
For awhile, the only thing I could think was, "Why is everyone saying fart." I finally decided to look at your user name.

I facepalmed so hard, I think I heard the Internet cuss me out.

User Info: Siegfried066

Siegfried066
3 years ago#20
Sorry to hear that, John Fart Trust us, there's no rush at all (we have till 2036, remember? ^_-) Take the time you need and post here when there's news in your own time.

You're our hero for even TRYING to undertake this task! ^__^
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. When do you expect we'll have a private server available?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived