When do you expect we'll have a private server available?

#11ngevan2kPosted 5/4/2013 8:13:45 AM
Ok, I have everything setup now.

MH3 uses SLL authentification. The server is still running, but what it does right now is send a message back to the client (your Wii) telling it to "f***off". The next step now is to decrypt the stuff the client and the server are exchanging.

The Wii tries to connect to a server which is owned by Nintendo of America (192.195.204.143). BTW I'm using the EUR version of MH3. Now I have to setup a fake server routing everything to it.

There're still hundreds of entries I have to check, so it will take some time.
---
www.sufami.de
#12ngevan2kPosted 5/4/2013 8:14:36 AM
*SSL
---
www.sufami.de
#13kuhchungPosted 5/4/2013 4:56:34 PM
gogogogo
#14Clayton_or_diePosted 5/5/2013 12:08:12 AM
Great job! Keep it up!
#15ngevan2kPosted 5/5/2013 12:47:46 AM
It's far to soon to congratulate me for anything :)

I setup an old notebook with linux, that will be our server for everything from now on. So as soon as I make some real progress, I can easily bring it online for everyone to connect to.

The official Nintendo server is running an OpenSSL server and it uses 1024-bit RSA encryption. The certificate is best before the year 2036, so I guess when this year comes someone will have to think about something else :)

Oh and it looks like this is only a standard handshake with the Nintendo server, after this, the Wii tries to contact a japanese Capcom server (118.159.134.89). The stuff they exchange is not even encrypted !
---
www.sufami.de
#16Dark_SilverXPosted 5/5/2013 4:27:15 AM
Thats interesting. Keep up the good work, fart!
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#17Siegfried066Posted 5/5/2013 8:22:11 AM
Great work so far, John Fart! I also have the EU-version MHTri, so looking forward to this ^_^).
I hope this also will help us with the online-only arena coins (+ maybe even Events).
---
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)
#18ngevan2kPosted 5/5/2013 12:14:16 PM
My old laptop is crap. Nothing works properly, it's ressources are just to small. I'll have to invest into a cheap, new notebook for $400 and a wlan stick which has proper linux drivers. It's a mess with the one I have now because it's running on ndiswrapper and nothing works right. It's just I don't know what bills to pay first at the moment, I'm broke :(
---
www.sufami.de
#19ShmeyPosted 5/5/2013 10:17:21 PM
For awhile, the only thing I could think was, "Why is everyone saying fart." I finally decided to look at your user name.

I facepalmed so hard, I think I heard the Internet cuss me out.
#20Siegfried066Posted 5/6/2013 9:43:33 AM
Sorry to hear that, John Fart Trust us, there's no rush at all (we have till 2036, remember? ^_-) Take the time you need and post here when there's news in your own time.

You're our hero for even TRYING to undertake this task! ^__^
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)