Yesterday i sold my MH3 copy...

#1streetfighter76Posted 6/23/2013 9:51:32 PM
It was a sad moment but i wanted another game i'm very interested about right now (and i'm enjoying it quite A LOT!!) and the sight of it on my shelf, remembering that i can no longer play it online started to feel awkward.

So many GREAT memories and i think i will always remember how much i loved it but... It's time to move on and the disc was useless to me at its current state.
The bad thing was i got a miserable amount for it but i simply didn't care, i merely didn't want to keep seeing it in my collection because i feel this was a shameful move from Cashcom.

I'd still be playing it from time to time if they wouldn't had done what they did, even with all the big bunch of awesome games i currently have.
I know it's silly for me to feel like this but right now i'd wish to see the Wii U miserably fail for killing my MH3 fun...
Then again, i'm sure that if it fails and they start selling the console for cheap i'd buy one and a MH Ultimate copy. xD
#2aj_hacker87Posted 6/24/2013 3:50:06 AM
You do realize that if the Wii U fails then Nintendo will most likely start shutting down its online services including the MH3U servers which they are running instead of Capcom.

That will basically put you back in the same position as now with no online and you complaining how they shut down there servers. The difference being is that you wont be locked out of any content since you can do multi player quests at the local port you would use to invite someone with the 3DS version.

These things cost money Capcom released a new game it was LOGICAL that the old servers shut down because the new game has 3x the content. They made a better version upgraded weapons, added missing weapons, changed armor skills even added new moves to monsters.

Now I'm not saying it wasn't for money they are a COMPANY so profit comes first or they kind of go broke and no more games come out.

I would start saving up for a WII U heck I don't have a job and I managed it and if you look around I'm sure you can find one cheap.
---
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan
#3VeryDarkSoulPosted 6/26/2013 11:39:44 AM
aj_hacker87 posted...
You do realize that if the Wii U fails then Nintendo will most likely start shutting down its online services including the MH3U servers which they are running instead of Capcom.

That will basically put you back in the same position as now with no online and you complaining how they shut down there servers. The difference being is that you wont be locked out of any content since you can do multi player quests at the local port you would use to invite someone with the 3DS version.

These things cost money Capcom released a new game it was LOGICAL that the old servers shut down because the new game has 3x the content. They made a better version upgraded weapons, added missing weapons, changed armor skills even added new moves to monsters.

Now I'm not saying it wasn't for money they are a COMPANY so profit comes first or they kind of go broke and no more games come out.

I would start saving up for a WII U heck I don't have a job and I managed it and if you look around I'm sure you can find one cheap.

It was 100% a business decision. It costs next to nothing to run a server that a few hundred people connect to.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#4streetfighter76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 11:00:59 PM
"It was 100% a business decision. It costs next to nothing to run a server that a few hundred people connect to."
---

I also knew about this because i've heard this comment before, explained by computer geeks...
That's what made it such an atrocious decision and i feel it backfired on them because even if i'm sure MHU is one of the best sellers for the Wii U, the console is not selling well at all and the future doesn't look promising now that the new systems for the competition are practically here...

Honestly i hope Capcom made a LOT of fans of the series feel angry and disappointed.
(But i guess they are getting accustomed to that by now, with all the terrible decisions they have been making as of late with many of their different franchises)
#5DemonagesPosted 7/12/2013 6:08:00 AM
MH3 was the best game I've ever played to date in my life. To see the servers shut down is, really dissapointing. But I will never sell my mh3 copy, it will still remain like a treasure chest. Hopefully someone will create a private server which would be amazing. I agree that it was a business decision, they could of just kept a few mh3 servers open. I'm not gonna buy a wii u and I won't even think about buying mh3u. Capcom ruined my first and best wii game.
---
If you have a gun, you can rob a bank. But if you have a bank, you can rob everyone.
-Bill Maher
#6RobeccacornPosted 7/12/2013 9:22:31 AM
To me its almost like a memory of an Ex girlfriend. Well it kinda is since we all blew off 60$ and 3 years of our time to play with it. ;P

I play custom quests now, but everytime is see the city sign in the start menu, I sob a little on the inside. :(
---
Been here a long time, but never actually made an account. :D
#7FrozenskiesPosted 7/12/2013 11:22:51 AM
Their might come private servers.
---
~FrostBite~
#8DemonagesPosted 7/13/2013 9:07:35 AM
Yeah, there is this guy John Fart. He's making a private server for monster hunter tri. The topic is
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/66100261

At the moment he's making progress, actually. And that is like the longest topic on the mh3 board.
---
If you have a gun, you can rob a bank. But if you have a bank, you can rob everyone.
-Bill Maher
#9SrChronicPosted 7/16/2013 5:52:46 PM
Demonages posted...
MH3 was the best game I've ever played to date in my life. To see the servers shut down is, really dissapointing. But I will never sell my mh3 copy, it will still remain like a treasure chest. Hopefully someone will create a private server which would be amazing. I agree that it was a business decision, they could of just kept a few mh3 servers open. I'm not gonna buy a wii u and I won't even think about buying mh3u. Capcom ruined my first and best wii game.

I feel your pain. MH3 was the reason i bought a Wii. When it first came out I would go over to my cousins house just to play it. Eventually i bought my own copy along with a Wii and invested hundreds of hours into that game. To this date, there is not a single game that has had me addicted to it for as long and as good as MH3. I cant afford a Wii U right now and the fact that the PS4 looks like a better long term investment is the reason I won't be enjoying MH3U anytime soon. I hope that one guy figures out a way for a private server. I'd really like to play MH3 online one last time.
---
PSN- TheChronic213
#10streetfighter76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 10:55:08 PM
"I cant afford a Wii U right now and the fact that the PS4 looks like a better long term investment is the reason I won't be enjoying MH3U anytime soon."
--

To me the issue of having or not having the money for a Wii U shouldn't be as important because up until now that console hasn't been able to attract the average consumer because of its reduced number of choices when talking about "must-have" titles and also its price.

I don't know nor care about its future, the Wii U doesn't have anything for me right now, the only REAL exeption being an improved version of the MH i deeply enjoyed before they took online play away from me.

The only reason why I bought MH3 was to play online and I made some friends while I played but now all that is gone and the only reason why they did that was to try to force us to buy a new console but if said console doesn't give you enough reasons to get one then i say both companies made a mistake. (Cashcom & Nintendo)

I'm sure that a LOT of people continuously playing MH3 online simply moved on and will forget about the series until Capcom release a version for a more attractive next-gen system, like the ps4...