If you won't host the servers, Capcom, let me.

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/31/2013 12:05:10 AM
I have an old 1990's computer I'm sure could handle all the server traffic for less than 10 cents a day. I know that's out of your budget, so I'll happily do that.

What's that Capcom? You wont let me? Oh that's right, because you want to make money on your new release by shutting down the online feature of the old one.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2DemonagesPosted 7/31/2013 4:35:06 AM
True dat.
---
If you have a gun, you can rob a bank. But if you have a bank, you can rob everyone.
-Bill Maher
#3RobeccacornPosted 7/31/2013 9:37:17 AM
Apparently they think leaving Tri servers open will lead to no more Monster Hunter in the West.

Leaving servers open = Not enough Tri Ultimate copies sold = Capcom giving up on the west

Seems PLAUSIBLE, but still a far fetched theory.
---
Playing Monster Hunter G. Not 3G, first gen is best gen ^_^
#4DemonagesPosted 7/31/2013 12:42:50 PM
And dat.
---
If you have a gun, you can rob a bank. But if you have a bank, you can rob everyone.
-Bill Maher
#5aj_hacker87Posted 8/1/2013 1:10:05 AM
Robeccacorn posted...
Apparently they think leaving Tri servers open will lead to no more Monster Hunter in the West.

Leaving servers open = Not enough Tri Ultimate copies sold = Capcom giving up on the west

Seems PLAUSIBLE, but still a far fetched theory.

No Capcom released a new better version of TRI on a NEW console so why would they keep supporting an old outdated game with limitations when they have a better version with 3X the content.

Oh and it would cost them money and they are a company and must think about future profit.

I wasn't upset when they closed the servers because I had a WII U and had TriU and the changes make the game so much better there is so much more to do and nothing is locked to online like Tri.

You also have village High Rank quests so it doesn't end at ceadeus and then at the Port you have G-Rank.
---
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan
#6DemonagesPosted 8/3/2013 4:51:59 AM
Trust me, the servers don't cost a lot. They could of just released 3u and kept tri online. It costs around 200$ annual, it isn't much. Capcom could of just removed a few servers and it will cost less.
---
-Bill Maher