I must be crazy

#111kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 3:35:26 PM
Wait, are you in charge of me, or am I in charge of you? I need to know the chain of command.
#112kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 1:10:47 AM
I have a powerful enough computer to emulate and stream Tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't count the huge awful slowdown during g.jaggi because of all the little monsters!!!!!!!!!
#113LagiBaitPosted 12/19/2013 9:58:41 AM
kuhchung posted...
I have a powerful enough computer to emulate and stream Tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't count the huge awful slowdown during g.jaggi because of all the little monsters!!!!!!!!!

Cool! You should set-up a time; after 6:00 PM EST works best for me.

Or, even better, start a YouTube channel and post your exploits there. There aren't enough YouTubers out there on the interwebs...
---
MH3 Name: Loosie; US Server; Alpal is the official goat for MH3
#114kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 6:43:36 PM
I actually have two youtube channels now, but none of them have Tri content.
#115kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 8:23:43 PM
I'm kuhchung on twitch if you're really interested in following. I definitely won't be able to keep a schedule, since I am busy doing other stuff besides playing offline Tri somehow. But yeah it would be weeknights or weekends.
#116kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:16:52 PM
I'll put in some work tonight and gather materials to forge alloy armor. Nobody wants to watch that.

Planning to stream over the weekend... hoping for no technical difficulties!
#117GunbladeladPosted 12/22/2013 7:47:52 AM
I decided to do a few comparisons for myself between MH3U and Tri last night, and I do have to admit I do prefer Tri.

In Ultimate everything's so brightly lit you don't need any torches at all (some areas are actually a bit too bright) and there's several changes to some of the maps - mostly minor stuff to make some of the paths 2-way. There's also some differences between WiiU and 3DS versions of Ultimate too. The WiiU appears to have a few extra gather points, while the 3DS one has a few minor details removed (I noticed a few rocks missing beside one of the Flooded Forest mining points)
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#118kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 12:05:25 PM
A comparison between Tri and 3U

Tri: I own it
3U: I don't own it
#119GunbladeladPosted 12/22/2013 2:36:27 PM
I've got the 3DS version (primarily because I eventually bought a 3DS after it FINALLY passed the threshold for games I'd want that aren't on other formats already - the WiiU hasn't...) and I've played a bit on a friends WiiU (up to finishing the 3* quests - I'm around that point on the 3DS version too)

Some of the bosses do have some new tricks up their sleeves (which I'm sure you're aware of), but are very much the same things as in Tri. I did notice though that several of the minions do seem a bit bigger in MH3U than they do in Tri but haven't otherwise changed at all. From what I can see both versions use the same AI routines (which is logical since they link up together)

A lot of the armour skill-sets have been changed too, as have the forging requirements & decoration slots. So far, Tri allows for more versatility in armour combinations from what I've seen (and that's just the low-rank stuff I've seen so far).

Perhaps I'll change my mind once I get to the high rank stuff, but for now my preference is firmly with Tri.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#120kuhchung(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 12:54:18 AM
Got a majestic horn on stream \o/

Also got a 6:13 blos after I horribly messed up TWO bomb setups