Now that offline is shut down, am I permanently screwed from some items?

#1Crono exePosted 10/3/2013 12:34:42 PM
I began playing this game in september, and I currently have a War Mace, however I need Carbalite ore to upgrade to Iron Striker but I can't get that since offline is shut down, is there any alternative to this? Because if not, its kinda lame how some items were exclusively tied to online.
---
what a freaking qt3.14
#2kuhchungPosted 10/3/2013 2:09:18 PM
It's okay. Iron Impact sucks.
#3Crono exe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:16:27 PM
Then, what is the best hammer I can get purely offline? Same goes for Grandsword.
---
what a freaking qt3.14
#4kuhchungPosted 10/3/2013 10:15:27 PM(edited)
Oh, I wasn't planning to give real advice here, haha.

To answer your original question, yes, the online only materials are no longer available unless you run some sort of hack or mod or whatever; I never figured out how to do it, but I hear you can import the online quests to offline.

The best offline greatsword is either Siegmund, Sieglinde, or the Wyvern Jawblade. Siegmund has the best raw and 15% affinity, which is questionable but still can be handy. Wyvern Jawblade has two slots, which allows you to achieve S+1 plugs draw with a draw6 talisman. Sieglinde is pretty. Oh, the lagi one is okay too.

The best hammer? I dunno. I use Crimsonclout which only gets to green sharpness. Maybe Vortical Hammer R is good. Honestly never tried too many of them. I remember looking at Red Bludgeon vs Crimsonclout vs barioth, and Crimsonclout came out slightly better. It also didn't require rare plates.

If there were a hammer with more better gooder blue sharpness, I would stick with that. You'll probably still get the same number of KOs per hunt, regardless of blue or green, so meh.
#5GorillaGDPosted 10/4/2013 12:44:18 AM
No, It's still possible to obtain online only items through ocarina/gecko codes but to do this, you need to softmod your Wii. The only things you will not be able to do any more without cheating or modding is event quests.
#6GobulHysteriaPosted 10/4/2013 7:18:07 AM
kuhchung posted...
Oh, the lagi one is okay too.

Isn't that the best one? You're getting old.
#7kuhchungPosted 10/4/2013 10:03:59 AM
15% affinity!!!!
#8GobulHysteriaPosted 10/4/2013 12:58:38 PM
I thought it was considered better because of critical draw, but then it would just be down to the element- maybe just because it's unlocked earlier, but this is what I get for trusting this boards info.
#9kuhchungPosted 10/4/2013 1:29:39 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't get S+1 draw plugs without a 2 slot weapon.
#10Crono exe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 3:58:19 PM
Well thanks for the weapon suggestions, I'll try to see what I can do about it, I do have my Wii softmodded but I'm not sure if its worth the trouble. I liked how in MHF2/U you could solo the guild quests and get all the high rank material you needed yourself.
---
what a freaking qt3.14