After months of playing, I finally cleared all quests

#1Master_ZebraPosted 10/17/2013 6:53:59 AM
Well, all but the double hunting quests, those thing really scare me.

Anyway, I wanted to say this game is just fantastic, is a lot of fun and it got a good place in my favorite games of all time (along with Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night) And I want to thank all people who helped me get from total noob to somewhat-decent hunter, specially you, kuhchung, seriously, thanks for suggesting the alloy armor, that thing rules, I used it since you suggested it and it helped me trough the rest of the game, even when I resorted to super-soaking Uragaan.

The only thing I regret is not getting this game earlier, so I could go play online and get even more fun. Man, now I really want to see that private server complete even more.
#2De_Blob_XPosted 10/17/2013 7:52:45 AM
good for you.

Ulpul
Alpal
Shewar
CHUMP

and all other losers are proud of you.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | XBOX 360 |
Owned: GBA SP | SNES | 3DS | PSP | PS VITA | PS3 | Wii | GB Micro |
#3kuhchungPosted 10/17/2013 7:00:52 PM
Oh hey, nice. Congrats on beating the game. Those 6* double monster quests can be pretty rough!
#4kuhchungPosted 10/17/2013 7:07:08 PM
What weapon did you use? I probably suggested lance a bunch, but I think you were on wiimote which probably makes it sucky.
#5Master_Zebra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:28:54 AM
I switched weapons many times, I used lance for many monsters, Hammer for Gobul, Bowgun for Uragaan, Greatsword for Lagiacrus and Sword and Shield for Barioth, Gigginox and Rathalos. Never tried the Switch Axe or the Longsword, though

Yeah, the lance tends to get be a little sucky with the wiimote, specially when you want a upwards attack and the game registers a straight one and vice-versa.

And so far I cleared the quest with the Gobul and Royal Ludroth, Rathalos Firesword FTW.
#6kuhchungPosted 10/18/2013 5:04:27 PM
I never did try swinging an elemental greatsword around.
#7GobulHysteriaPosted 10/18/2013 7:23:36 PM
The long sword can combo really fluidly, deal high damage, and give you lots of mobility. You should try it out. Switchaxe is good at launching people and blowing them away, and with the loss of online mode I think everyone would agree that it has taken a big hit. Also, there are very few switchaxes that can be forged offline.
#8Master_Zebra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 11:16:42 AM
I tried the Ananta Boneblade, and it's good it killed Qurupeco (I know, maybe it's a bad example) with ease, maybe I should go forge a fire longsword. Which one is better? Dancing Flames or Wyvern Blade Fire?

And which thunder sword is better, Storm Sword Y or Storm Sword R? I'm interested in getting the R, but getting that Elder Dragon Blood is going to be a pain, is it worth it?
#9GobulHysteriaPosted 10/21/2013 2:43:42 PM(edited)
Master_Zebra posted...
And which thunder sword is better, Storm Sword Y or Storm Sword R? I'm interested in getting the R, but getting that Elder Dragon Blood is going to be a pain, is it worth it?

You would generally take the raw path over affinity, but it's not enough of a difference to matter, unless you want to either count stagger damage without critical hits interfering, or you want to finish the quest a tiny bit faster.

Elder dragonblood won't be too hard to get from Ceadeus; especially not if you pair the repel with a second quest kill for quick rewards.

Which one is better? Dancing Flames or Wyvern Blade Fire?

I know for certain that Dancing's high rank form is better, but I don't remember the tier 1 and even looking at the stat comparison on the LS tree FAQ, I can't actually remember enough without doing calculations.
#10kuhchungPosted 10/21/2013 5:47:23 PM
Dancing Flames is SICK. It has the best blue bar of any weapon in the game. So usable.