Do I miss anything big or important when always offline?

#11GreedyBastard13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 12:31:15 AM
Thanks again for all the answers. I think I will enjoy the game anyway. I am only a bit sad that there is no real coop although that was my main reason to buy the game. The back of the game says
"Hunt together with a friend on one Wii console in split-screen mode"

I forgot that nowadays you have to do online research before buying a game to know what features are really implemented (as thought) or if online is needed.
---
"Pick me up, ya greedy bastard."
#12Sul3zEr0Posted 12/11/2013 1:14:08 AM
GreedyBastard13 posted...
Thanks again for all the answers. I think I will enjoy the game anyway. I am only a bit sad that there is no real coop although that was my main reason to buy the game. The back of the game says

I forgot that nowadays you have to do online research before buying a game to know what features are really implemented (as thought) or if online is needed.

sell your wii, get wii u or 3DS, get MH3U and experience hunting Grank monsters. hunt with other players online if you prefer not playing solo
---
GC IGN: $ubzer0 (0 is zero) MH videos -> [youtube/hunter subzero]
http://guardiancross-forum.com/Thread-ubzer0-s-THRIFT-SHOP-CATA-NEEDS
#13ngevan2kPosted 12/11/2013 1:41:58 AM
Or, if you got a PS3, get MH 3rd HD and enjoy the multiplayer. You have to pay a monthly fee, though.
---
www.sufami.org
#14GreedyBastard13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 2:15:57 AM
What are you guys talking about? I would like to play locally with a friend sitting next to my on the couch (which is not possible, but I can live with that). Offline servers do not bother me and a will not buy a new console for a slightly newer version of the same game or sell a console where I can play two generations of games (Gamecube + Wii) and I own dozens of games for.
But good to know my options if I want to play online.
---
"Pick me up, ya greedy bastard."
#15GunbladeladPosted 12/11/2013 2:23:07 AM
The best way to go freely hunting with your friend locally will - unfortunately - be to purchase a 3DS and copy of Ultimate each.

I've only tried it on a friend's WiiU so far, but I understand for the 3DS a Circle Pad Pro makes things so much better with the 2nd analogue and 2 extra shoulder buttons. Just be aware there's 2 sizes of CCP available - one for the 3DS, the other for the 3DS XL.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#16LagiBaitPosted 12/11/2013 8:54:53 AM
I am only a bit sad that there is no real coop although that was my main reason to buy the game. The back of the game says

To the best of my knowledge, split-screen coop still works. It's just that you are limited to arena quests only. That functionality should be intact; you will need two controllers. However, I haven't tried it personally in years.
---
MH3 Name: Loosie; US Server; Alpal is the official goat for MH3
#17GunbladeladPosted 12/11/2013 9:48:54 AM
Co-op arena quests do indeed work, and people can use their own character on a friend's Wii by uploading the character to the Wii Remote - this also allows them to earn the arena awards even if they never do one of the arena quests on their own console.

To collect the rewards from the Arena, simply talk to the Felyne in your character's room.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#18GorillaGDPosted 12/11/2013 9:55:58 AM(edited)
Sul3zEr0 posted...

sell your wii, get wii u or 3DS, get MH3U and experience hunting Grank monsters. hunt with other players online if you prefer not playing solo

There's no need to sell your old console just to get a new one if you're not "that" broke, especially if you still want to play older games (Wii U may support Wii backwards compatibility but it doesn't support gamecube games like the Wii does).
#19kuhchungPosted 12/20/2013 7:58:28 PM
I invited people to my house to split screen with me. Caltenburn accepted, but he lives about 400 miles away.