My mission to is to beat web river(trial map 34) in under fifty days.

#1RobTerwilligerPosted 2/21/2008 7:04:27 PM

I'm planning to rush isabella for the HQ capture. I need advice, though. This won't be easy.

---
|¯)____. ¯|¯__________| [my name is]
|¯\OBERT '|ERWILLIGER¬] [too long]
#2SogeKing9Posted 2/21/2008 7:18:27 PM
Ur right, this one is tough (i have only 5 trial maps left to finish).
---
MMSF Pegasus FC: 219160541712
#3LordGriffinPosted 2/22/2008 1:42:01 AM
I played through that nightmare in 64 days. For starters, don't go for the city in the middle of the map. You'll waste too many resources just trying to hold your position. There's a much better position outside the SW corner of your base where the rivers almost converge. A W-Tank, rockets and flare should be sufficient defense. You'll want an AA gun or Tank in the middle of your base to keep Yellow's infantry at bay. You'll also want a Rocket/Flare/Rig combo in the SE corner of your base to further harass Yellow. Once your defenses are in place, make a few more Rockets (with necessary Flares and Rigs) to bombard the north side of Blue. Then make hordes of Mechs. Stack 'em outside of Blue's base until you have a dozen or two. Then march 'em in. Use Will's power here if you have it and drive straight for the HQ. Once you start capturing it, use your remaining mechs to build a human wall around it. The major problem that *I* had was that I used Infantry instead of mechs at first. Once I made the switch, I steamrolled over everybody.
---
I game. I role-play. I fantasize. That's who I am. That's what I do.
#4RobTerwilliger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2008 11:20:54 AM

356 points, 48 days :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now, I'm gonna see if I can't do it in under forty days.

---
|¯)____. ¯|¯__________| [my name is]
|¯\OBERT '|ERWILLIGER¬] [too long]