If I like Fire Emblem, what other games will I like?

#1Zephiel080Posted 11/16/2008 10:56:42 AM
I'm looking for mostly handheld games,but SOME console games can be listed.

Just list the system they are for beside them (NA releases only please, and no downlaodables from XBL or PSN or Wifi...I don't have any of them yet, but I'm hoping I will soon)

Also, these ggames can be any type of game, but I'd really like some more turn based strategy games.

Also, I already know about the AW series (own 2 of the games in fact, and I'm looking for more (I have DoR and DS) and Final Fantasy Tactics (own WotL, working on getting the newer DS game, whatever its called)

Please respond soon.

Thanks in advance!
---
"I prevent ganking by ganking gankers to avoid them from ganking gankers or non-gankers."-Magiking
#2Darth_HaroPosted 11/16/2008 10:58:24 AM
I keep hearing Shining Force and SRW.

---
Brawl FC - 1461 5869 3554 (Newtype Kitten)
#3Zephiel080(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2008 11:10:21 AM
What does SRW stand for?

And what systems are both of those games for?

---
"I prevent ganking by ganking gankers to avoid them from ganking gankers or non-gankers."-Magiking
#4Andy_FoolPosted 11/16/2008 11:33:29 AM
SRW = Super Robot Wars.
#5BerserkerBladerPosted 11/17/2008 6:19:08 PM
Langrisser is basically FE and AW's love child.
---
Fonzie jumped the shark. Indy nuked the fridge. Mario grabbed the smash ball.
One's motives aren't important. It's what we accomplish that matters.
#6Duff_OstrichPosted 11/17/2008 7:13:02 PM
Shining Force has the distinction of having menus that pose a far greater challenge than the in game combat. But that's what happens when developers fail to develop context sensitive action buttons.

But failing at Shining Force is nearly impossible, since anyone dying on your team who isn't Max hardly hurts you at all, and you can leave a battle at any time and keep the experience you've earned in that match.

Not only that, but the game bleeds money so you can always be well equipped.

Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty fun. The story in particular is good by videogame standards. The job system's pretty nice as well.

I've heard people like the Atlus SRPGs, but I haven't played them yet.
---
Living proof that secular conservatives exist.
It is possible to dislike both Democrats AND Republicans.