Chptr 11/ Recruiting jake?

#1FATEslayerPosted 12/13/2008 11:25:50 AM
So you visit all the houses and talk to Anna (done). My problem is, how to get Shiida to Jake? He kills her in one hit every time (he has the weapon type that does extra damage to fliers, Shiida is level 9..)...help appreciated.
---
But suppose you throw a coin enough times...suppose one day, it lands on its edge.
#2DemonicDratiniPosted 12/13/2008 11:27:01 AM
You could try the Warp Staff. Or just put a knight or general in his range and stall until his weapon breaks.
#3FATEslayer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2008 11:28:34 AM
I had thought about the stalling ammo thing, but somehow Jake manages to miss my Knight often enough to make it painfully tedious. Warp staff seems like a good idea, I'll look into it. Thanks again, other ideas welcome in post..
---
But suppose you throw a coin enough times...suppose one day, it lands on its edge.
#4ThunderManPosted 12/13/2008 12:01:40 PM
Breaking his weapon is just stupid. You want that Arrowspate since it's more valuable than the character using it!

Anyway here's a solution: ReClass Shiida to Myrmidon.
---
"My cousin and I touch wieners!" - Cartman
"Why don't you take a seat right over there?" - Chris Hansen
#5SlickSlicerPosted 12/13/2008 12:36:49 PM
Neither of those things are necessary. Just take out all the other units and you should have no trouble slowly moving Shiida into his range. That is what I did.
---
Digimon World DS Friend Code-008678113846
#6DPang18Posted 12/13/2008 2:12:27 PM
Use a save point and hope shiida doesn't get hit, Jake only had a 50% hit rate against my Shiida, i think i had to reset twice.
#7stararaPosted 12/15/2008 1:25:00 AM
"Just take out all the other units and you should have no trouble slowly moving Shiida into his range. That is what I did."

The problem is that Shiida can't move next to Jake in just one turn while staying out of his range (Jake's shooting range is longer than Shiida's move range), and his attack kills her in one shot. What I did was save at the nearby save point, and pray that Jake's attack on Shiida will miss. It doesn't help that he seems to always target Shiida :(
#8blassterPosted 12/15/2008 2:32:59 AM
Either;

a) Warp staff.

b) Change Shiida to other class except Pegasus Knight.

c) Save your game (not suspend) before going to his attack range and hope he'll miss on his turn.

d) Use other flying units as bait (Minerva might a good sacrifice at this point....)
---
Anticipating: Ar Tonelico 2, Persona 4, Lux Pain, Suikoden Tierkreis, Fate/UC.
Playing: Valkyria Cronicles, Tales of Vesperia, Luminous Arc 2, Fire Emblem DS.