Harvest Sprite Field purpose

#1DontShoot20Posted 12/9/2009 6:12:06 AM
does anyone know the point of the mini field on the harvest sprite "island"?
does it have a point or is it just for show (like lighthouse island)
I've never tried growing anything on it im just curious
---
People are like slinky's, generally useless but it makes you smile to see them fall down stairs
PSN: DontShoot21
#2Glaurung_BloodPosted 12/9/2009 2:05:53 PM
I guess it is just for show, I've tried growing stuff on it and the game won't let you sow the seeds, so I think the sign next to is true. It's a dead field.
#3Chaotic AbyssPosted 12/9/2009 7:45:57 PM
It's something wifi related which wifi was taken out in the english game.

Something like if you trade stuff over wifi, you have a small chance of getting seeds that can grow there.
#4abcynthiaPosted 12/9/2009 7:50:05 PM
It's leftover from the Japanese version of the game, which had wireless/wi-fi capabilities. By using the Item Exchange function, where you could trade items with friends, there was a chance to earn something called a Harvest Sprite Seed, which could end up in your rucksack after you were finished trading. You could plant this seed and it would grow into an item (any item, really, including cooked dishes, ores, and other things that wouldn't normally grow from a plant), but the only place that you would be able to plant it is on the small plot on Harvest Sprite Island.

I guess that there are a few leftover wi-fi related things in the game that don't have a purpose in the North American release because they took that function away: the Harvest Sprite field, Lighthouse Island (talking to the Harvest Sprite there would open the item exchange), and the telephone in your house (to participate in weekly contests and view rankings).
#5DontShoot20(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2009 6:20:47 AM
thx for the detailed explanation~
it does suck that we cant use it though, that might have been a nice little bonus, but oh well~
---
People are like slinky's, generally useless but it makes you smile to see them fall down stairs
PSN: DontShoot21
#6delusionmentPosted 12/10/2009 12:09:47 PM
I was looking at the item hex codes for action replay, and you can actually get those Harvest Sprite Seeds through it. I don't know if you could still be able to use it to grow something.
---
Proud Fool Moon Shipper!
#7JAHBRONERZPosted 12/11/2009 8:42:35 PM
Speaking of item hex codes, have you ever seen the codes that give you red books, blue books, and so on? Out of curiosity, I used the item modifier to get the blue book. It's description said something along the lines of "careful not to eat this book." Turns out, they're edible for some reason.
#8CW Boi 209Posted 12/11/2009 9:03:44 PM
I was looking at the item hex codes for action replay, and you can actually get those Harvest Sprite Seeds through it. I don't know if you could still be able to use it to grow something.

Mind sharing the digit for the item? I might want to try it one of these days, just to see if it works. The Lighthouse Island was also originally something wifi-related, but now it's nothing :( .
---
The sunlight hits me in the eyes like a punch to the face.
#9delusionmentPosted 12/11/2009 9:32:46 PM
0026 = Harvest Sprite Seeds

And yes, I have seen hex codes for the different color books.

0144 blue book
0145 green book
0146 red book
0147 yellow book
0148 orange book
0149 purple book
014A indigo book
014B black book
014C white book

If you want more, then you can just go here:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/DS/harvest_moon_sunshine_islands/action_replay.html
---
Proud Fool Moon Shipper!
#10JAHBRONERZPosted 12/12/2009 11:15:08 AM
Do you know if the books serve a purpose? ...Besides getting eaten?