Original SF2 tier list?

#1Oxy_Moron123Posted 3/12/2010 1:11:57 PM
So i was playing some World Warrior the other day and i got to thinkin'...whats the tier list look like for this game?

Gief is a beast, SPD has massive range and dmg is insane.

Ryu/Ken got their same old fireball/srk traps. And those standing RHs are a good AA

Guile - Can anyone say 4-fierce-dizzy?

Blanka/Honda/Chun/Sim - I see as the bottom half of the list

Thoughts?
---
Turtles all the way down.
#2FenderMasterPosted 3/12/2010 1:24:37 PM
dunno about world warriors, but in SSF2 HDR, Zangief is dead last... he was pretty bad in pretty much every SF game before IV

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/31/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-hd-remix-tiers-character-rankings/
---
SF IV Mains: Zangief, Gen, Ken, Dhalsim, Guile, Chun-Li, M. Bison & Cammy PSN: BrettGuerwitz
You have to do stronger than that!!
#3skyo1234Posted 3/12/2010 1:26:30 PM
The ORIGINAL SF2... I think either Guile or Sagat was at the top. Don't know about the rest though.
---
Common sense is not so common
PSN: skyo1234
#4Oxy_Moron123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 1:31:50 PM
SSF2T HDR is nowhere near the same as SF2:WW

Sim is really good in HDR...not so good in WW.

Yeah i sort of see Guile at the top...even without handcuffs and invisible throws
---
#5Oxy_Moron123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 1:32:32 PM
oh, and Sagat isn't in WW. I am talkin straight up original SF2, not none of that sissy CE lol :P
---
#6skyo1234Posted 3/12/2010 1:50:01 PM
Yeah, I do remember that the world champion SF2: WW player used Guile. Too bad Karma hit him hard and got shafted in later installments XD

Throws ruined that game and Guile had two air throws along with some crazy re-dizzy combos. Throws did like 25% damage right? Not to mention there was no way to tech in that game.... plus it didn't require two button inputs so it was even easier to abuse it lol.
---
Common sense is not so common
PSN: skyo1234
#7EmblemLordPosted 3/12/2010 2:04:42 PM
Street Fighter II World Warriors

Top Tier
Guile

Upper Tier
Dhalsim

Middle Tier
Everyone Else (no particular order)

Low Tier
Ken
Ryu

Guile - He without question is the undisputed Emperor in WW, he dominates so completely and utterly in this game, that it isn't even funny. He dominates everywhere, zoning, spacing, poking, positioning, you name it, he is #1 period, he even has the crazy 5-hit jab dizzy and re-dizzy, and of course, you can't forget the "handcuffs" although those aren't tournament viable but fun to use on newbies, lolz. Dhalsim is a far, far, and away #2.

Ken and Ryu - They are so low is because these are the worst SFII incarnations of their Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Hurricane kick. Hadouken is super slow, with poor recovery, Shoryuken on the ground does not knock down, except on AA, and hurricane kick is unsafe on hit, lol, Ken is only slightly higher, simply because of his rolling throw, which can get an opponent to the wall quicker, lol, not much difference though.

Copy/paste from a website.
---
To that special someone. Please find your happiness. And I will try to do the same.
#8Oxy_Moron123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 2:15:22 PM
guile also has the j.fp > s.fp > SB > s.fp (towards+fp?) (re)dizzy and massive damage.
---