Well, this game WAS fun...

#1KnaaksPosted 3/24/2008 1:44:27 AM
Until the computer started cheating. The ball has changed direction on me in midair, I've seen the computer suddenly become about 100 times faster, and I've had the ball go directly through my racket, and I've seen the computer hit the ball from literally halfway across the court, I've had my character just stop moving on me. No wonder I stopped playing Sega games after the Dreamcast! Can't make the game difficult, so just make the computer cheat!
#2VirtuaRacingPosted 3/24/2008 4:41:12 AM
I suck at Virtua Tennis and like wise Superstars Tennis, but what I do know is what you have seen is the AI trying to make you learn different techniques in Superstars mode. Sure thier abilities of play changes, but if you changed your play and try pushing new ways to play then they go down just as easy.

Playing vs Alex Kid AI in Superstar mode can be annoying as he does pause you for a moment when running left and right, but again the only way to pass him is to pick up on new ways to out smart him. It's all be done to make you a better player.

The computer may look as if its cheating in Superstars mode but its not really. If you want it cheap then just do tourny mode with the AI on easy because to me thats your standard of play and where you belong haha!

Any ways some Sega Fan you are. OutRun2 & OutRun2006 on XBOX are still the best arcade driving games to date. And what of Virtua Fighter 5 amoung others...??

Your just cheating your self out of some great games haha!

---
XBL Gamertag's: RED SCOPRION / F40
#3StarRain66Posted 3/25/2008 5:36:16 AM
Alex Kidd is a beast in superstar mode, took me like 5 hours over two days to figure out how to win.

VirtuaRacing i can't believe you actually play this, great job with SOS, there!

~Star
#4BirdGasPosted 3/25/2008 12:06:59 PM
Dan, I have no idea what you're doing wrong...but I've beaten and unlocked Alex Kidd first try, and I beat the hidden stage in the tournament with Eggman first time as well. Seriously, the computer is SO dumb in this game, you just need to drop shot to the net, when they run up to hit it, meet them there and hit it past them. That's literally what I do for every single game and it's pretty much worked non-stop for me.
---
HA! I kill me!
#5VirtuaRacingPosted 3/25/2008 4:19:14 PM
StarRain66,

You believe wrong. :)

Its time to believe I bought two copys of the game this weekend.
piccy: http://i28.tinypic.com/rc3qxc.jpg

One is my son's, but I still bought 2 copys. :-P

Hey if you look at the top right of the screen you should be able to make out the word OutRun.

No surprise then that OutRun is listed as my Preferred Court!! :-P
To be honest it took some before I unlocked it so this came as a surprise haha!

---
#6Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 3/25/2008 6:35:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7StarRain66Posted 3/26/2008 5:30:05 AM
Awesome, VirtuaRacing, oh you need to give some Sega Rally Revo tips, I've had to just stop playing for a few months because of the CRUSHING difficulty, I can not figure drifting out to save my life.

~Star
#8VirtuaRacingPosted 3/27/2008 4:54:29 AM
**Off Topic**

REF: Sega Rally (REVO)

You dont really drift as such in Sega Rally. Its more about pushing the cars steering limits to the max without losing traction. Speed control is the key to pushing quicker times.

Hand-brake turns are done by steering into the corner and just tapping the hand-brake while letting of the gas at the same time.

Sega Rally is all about gas control, taping the gas on and off as you go around corners will not only help with keeping speed but also helps correct mistakes. Let the gas off just before you go off LaRgE jumps and your find the car wont fly as high or deep, but will land with speed and your have total control of the car once you land.

This video demo run I did may help. Its on Alpine 1, AI is on hard and if you know this course then your know the AI give you a hard time until you do master it... Lap 3 your see I change to Outside view. Just a basic video at the end of the day to help people improve thier own play.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd6FGxpT0lE

---
#9ibanezdropdPosted 4/11/2008 1:11:25 AM
yeah. it's super annoying. i still lie the game, but it's artificially made harder
#10EJH-SEGAPosted 4/30/2008 12:13:25 PM
@Knaaks,

"The ball has changed direction on me in midair, I've seen the computer suddenly become about 100 times faster"

Both these occurrences could be from the computer activating their superstar move. The star underneath their feet is red during superstar moves.

"I've had the ball go directly through my racket"

There is a very small delay after hittng the button. If you can't hit the ball by tapping the button try holding it.

"I've seen the computer hit the ball from literally halfway across the court"

Either a dive (press the button when you not by the ball) or they detected the direction of the ball as soon as you hit it and immediately went for it (this takes practice but can be done by watching the opponents racquet).

"I've had my character just stop moving on me"

You probably hit the "A" or "X" button when this is pressed the left thumb stick aims the shot instead of moving the character. It is also possible the a superstar move hit you. Some of these will momentarily paralyze you or even warp you across the court (there will be an animation if this happens).

On a final note, if the superstar moves annoy you, you can turn them off (except in XBL ranked games).