Kai's Yoshpet Race

#1ManigeitoraPosted 12/1/2008 2:26:34 PM
I only have three beads left (This one, spider gate 3, and #100), and this race is seriously making me mad. I had at least half a lap on her at the end of the second leg and then at the beginning of the third, she just appeared next to me. WTF?! How come she can cheat like that? That's BS.

I read the other topics and will be equipping Solar Flare to get rid of the snowballs (they always get me...man, I wonder who invented HOMING snowballs. Also BS.)

I'm wondering though. Does Kai freeze when you open the brush? And does the slow time brush power work on her?
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
In this house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu lies sleeping
#2Shiranui_XPosted 12/1/2008 2:33:23 PM
She does freeze when you're drawing, but the slow time thing doesn't work on her. I don't know the locations of the shortcuts (I never used them and got the bead anyway), but if you find them, use them. Also, run on the snow whenever possible. Usually, when you're crossing ice, there's a path of snow on the right side, near a cliff.
---
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
#3Manigeitora(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 2:40:06 PM
Can I freeze her, or burn her, or lightning bolt her, or anything to slow her down?

She like automatically goes at the speed I go after a second dash, which is just plain irritating.
---
#4MookietheboldPosted 12/1/2008 2:45:50 PM
Can I freeze her, or burn her, or lightning bolt her, or anything to slow her down?

Nope. You cannot interfere with her movement in any way. Not because you can't, but because the game won't let you.
---
don't go my way
#5Squall28Posted 12/1/2008 2:48:59 PM
I usually avoid the snowballs by jumping or running to the side but solar flare is probably the better alternative lol.
---
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
#6Manigeitora(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 2:49:33 PM
Gah....

Honestly, if she didn't automatically catch up to you at the third part, I would have won twice now.

*grumble grumble*
---
#7Squall28Posted 12/1/2008 3:23:44 PM
Are you sure you're not just taking a bad route in part 3? I don't remember her catching up unless I screwed up somehow.
---
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
#8Manigeitora(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 3:28:06 PM
Well I don't know what I did better this time but she didn't magically appear at part 3. I used solar flare to take care of a lot of the icicles along the way as well, and that helped a lot.

Thanks for the tips.
---
#9PrinceOfREPosted 12/2/2008 12:32:15 AM
take shortcuts, they are abundant
#10UmbreonaPosted 12/2/2008 1:52:47 AM
I thought this part was hard but it was not. Run it with or without her sometime, go ahead and bloom the cursed trees (the time limit running out is no big deal, you do not really die or anything it is just like falling off a cliff) and then take all the paths up and over the hills. You go a lot faster that way and can avoid the snowballs rather well by jumping up where they spawn. Watch those sings that tell you which way to go and go there and when you get to the big frozen lake just run around it on the snow covered ground where you can keep speed. You will kick her butt like it was no problem if you do that. She will always go on the main path which curves around all over the place while you just go up and straight for the most part.

---
"Nothing Is Never Not, everything is never." -Vacuus, Lord of Nothing