Issue with brush controls

#1vtbob88Posted 6/27/2011 5:18:50 AM

I have seen in all the reviews that the brush controls work great and that it is an improvement playing the game on the Wii for these controls. However, I am having to draw some the the images multiple times before it registers. For example, when having to draw blossoms while Mr. Orange dances I had to go through the whole sequence multiple times because it would not register the circles. And the power slashes only register about half the time. Has anyone else run into this problem?

#2MegaSlushPosted 6/27/2011 6:24:48 AM
For lines, you can press Z. But it's better to draw a QUICK line (like flick the remote sideways) in order for it to register.

For circles, make sure it's closed. What I do is try to start from the top and close it - almost similar to the galestorm technique, but as close to a circle as possible.

The controls ARE better, you just need to get used to them.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#3vtbob88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:13:18 AM

Im hoping they get better because as of right now there has been points that I debated quiting a few times. I am about half way through and loving the game, but when I replay the same video over and over again because it just isnt registering the shape. I will do the exact same thing and on the 5th time it will work..without looking any different then the times before. It took me 30 mins to get through the log on the river because I couldn't get enough vines to work before hitting the waterfall

#4MegaSlushPosted 6/27/2011 7:29:23 AM
You do realize that for the vines (and later other skills like water/fire/ice/lightning) you don't need lines, right? You just have to draw when you see "green smoke" (different color for others) and then release A when the smoke appears over your object.

The game's helping you, but I don't think you're making use of it. It's not its fault.
---
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#5vtbob88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:36:38 AM

I didnt say a straight line, how would I get from the blossom to ammy without drawing a line. Im saying that I am drawing a line from the blossum to me and half the time it is not registering. I even make sure to see the smokey image around the point that I drop the brush and its 50/50 whether or not it works. Same for drawing the wind, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, not matter how similar it looks

#6MegaSlushPosted 6/27/2011 8:55:07 AM
:| The log place? You're supposed to hook to the log itself, not Ammy.
---
#7vtbob88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 9:20:53 AM

Yes I know, I would get 3-4 of the vines attached to the hooks on the log before hitting the waterfall, I just cant seem to find the trick because I will make sure each item that needs to be involved is touched, and I will watch for the smoke around the brush when I am on an item, such as a blossom, but I just don't seem to get it. I had a friend watching one of the times and he didn't understand what the problem was either and he has played and beaten the game.

#8MegaSlushPosted 6/27/2011 11:05:07 AM
Maybe it's an issue with your game or remote.. or you. I've played the game at least 3 times on the Wii and I've never EVER had any problems.
---
#9zeik56Posted 6/27/2011 11:28:54 AM
I had some notable problems when I first started out (took me like 20 minutes to do the Konohana Shuffle) but eventually I got used to the controls and has less issues.

That being said, the vines are one thing I never ever had trouble with. As long as you start on the green smoke and end on the green smoke it should work without any trouble.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#10illusionturtlePosted 6/27/2011 11:22:20 PM
Either it's your mote or something wrong with your drawing, since I never had problems on anything in the game, except, surprisingly, galestorm, which required a little practice to fix up.
---
Now Playing : Okami (9th Run | Okamiden (DS, 5th Run) | BLEACH Blade Battlers 2nd |