moon belator

#1OtakuGameraPosted 11/9/2009 6:45:37 AM
any tips on how to capture him within the time limit?
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#2Dimon101Posted 11/13/2009 6:28:39 PM
Yes. Play a second walkthrough. He is really easy the second time thru.
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#3OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 7:48:44 PM
wow, after one week of waiting, this is the reply i get huh?
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#4terran3999999Posted 11/17/2009 3:13:57 PM
Well this board is dead so what did you expect? :/

Just ignore the stupid noob above you.

Cap him just like any Majin Boss, Overkill and cap with 2 players. Use Fracture if you are using a physical attack/Combo or Disease if you are using a magical attack.

Is there a real specific area you're having trouble in? I'll try to the best of my ability to help(its been a long time since I beat this game).

And as long as you can crack a Boss' Demon Aura it won't run away.
---
'People who have died can not cry anymore, so I cry for them.'-Momo of Shinigami no Ballad
We will never forget you F. Ibuki! (Clannad)
#5sector24Posted 11/20/2009 9:35:07 AM
I overkilled the other majin on the field and used their bodies as a wall to prevent Moon Belator from being able to melee me. Like terran said, all you have to do is break the demon aura and he won't run away. Then you can use Retica to whittle him down in preparation for a combo attack.
#6OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2009 4:14:11 AM
nice to know that the demon wont run after you cracked it's aura

and nice to know there's still some people in this board lol ^_^

anyway, i've just defeated moon belator after 2 weeks of putting the game off, and now i need to choose between 3 routes, can you tell me what the pros and cons of each route is?

also, is there a benefit to equipping shortbows as oppose to longbows? longbows have higher attack power, range and it ignores obstacles, what does shortbows have?
---
#7joan2468Posted 11/22/2009 10:29:05 AM
Three routes...the forest, the desert and the...mountainous...place? If I remember correctly for Thage's good ending you need to capture a certain boss majin in the mountainous place (you need this majin to break a Demon Aura for a later boss in Purgatory).

---
"Sweet Cosmos! A talking rock!" - Bartz, Dissidia : Final Fantasy.
#8terran3999999Posted 11/22/2009 11:02:01 AM
^That would be Aether. And yes Thage needs to follow that path in order to kill or Cap Arkanos for the good ending.The second requirement is Capping the Boss after him, Amirhage. The third requirement is killing or Capping Doom Shade in Purgatory.

Olifen's and Ashlay's good endings are spelled out in bold for you, you practically have to be brain dead to not know it.(which I hope you aren't!!)

About the bows question.....wasn't it the other way around? Shortbow has more attack power but lesser range? I do know for a fact that shortbows and longbows can equip certain skills.
---
'People who have died can not cry anymore, so I cry for them.'-Momo of Shinigami no Ballad
#9terran3999999Posted 11/22/2009 12:10:59 PM
You were right with the longbow having more attack but the shortbow can use some skills that the longbow can't, one of the main one being Cure spells.
---
#10OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2009 7:52:32 AM
i see.. just got ratica's rapid-fire and that too requires a shortbow.. i think i might equip ratica with both a long and shortbow, long for normal attacking, and short for rapid-fire.

anyway, i went to the desert area, and in the second path there's a secondary objective where you fight a boss? i completed that stage already and no boss? also, i didnt save the refugee, so i think im missing something here?
---