Stuck on caverns (Spoilers)

#1SamehadamaruPosted 3/16/2010 10:10:16 PM
I don't know if this is what the place is called, but it's a huge box moving attached to a chain. Minotaurs spawn and try to break the chain. I have tried at least like 10 times to get them to stop breaking the chain, but it has not been working out. How am I suppose to do this part, I even thought maybe it has something to do with Helio's head, nope they just smacked me up even more.
---
PSN: Prototype922 Clan: Daikazoku
"Ahhhh why is that bush moving?!"
#2NDN_ShadowPosted 3/16/2010 10:10:56 PM
Have you tried attacking the minotaurs?
#3Samehadamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2010 10:17:59 PM
Why yes, I have, they seem to beat the crap out of me and then go back to breaking the chain.
---
#4stangstagPosted 3/16/2010 10:19:54 PM
Just got past that part man. My advice is just keep hitting the minitours. Sorry but thats all i can say.
#5NDN_ShadowPosted 3/16/2010 10:20:10 PM
Basically, you gotta kill them. They're tougher than regular minotaurs, I'd suggest countering or rolling. Plume of Prometheus works but it's tedious. Basically, keep them occupied, don't let them go back to the chain. Also, for later in this section, Cerebus strong attack does wonders against Minotaurs. You'll understand when you get there.
#6the_requiemPosted 3/16/2010 10:26:39 PM
This start worked like a charm for me:

1. Use Ascension [Hold Triangle] to launch minotaur in air and then follow him.
2. Once in air, use L1+O, it will knock him back a long way.
3. LRR till you knock minotaur off the box.
4. If there are two, use L1+O to knock them away from chain. Keep an eye on other minotaur to make sure it is not hitting the chain. 5. Always go for one who is hitting the chain. He will charge you. If you time it well, you'll be in air doing step 2 when he charges, thus immune.

Alternative tip:

1. Upgrade Claw of Hades to Level 2/3 [need Gorgon Serpent Summon magic].
2. Use Gorgon Serpent Summon when two of them are near the chain.
3. Both will be stoned, shatter them quickly for epic win and red orbs.

You won't have enough magic to repeat the trick, so resort to L1+O attacks for second wave. Launching them in air and knocking works best as it keeps them away from chain, and if near edge, knocks them off... fast and easy kill.
#7Samehadamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2010 10:28:22 PM
Ahh I see, good to know there isn't some special way of doing this. I'll give the Plume of Prometheus a try. Also, when you kill the minotaurs, are you killing them with the action or just killing them regularly? It seems when I do the action kill the other one goes back to hitting the chain.
---
#8Samehadamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2010 10:42:52 PM
Finally did it Plume + what Requiem said did the trick, headache is over. Thanks NDN_Shadow ,stangstag, the_requiem for the advice.
---
#9m1k0Posted 3/18/2010 6:46:34 PM
beat this on the first try... i battering rammed them right off the crate for the first wave, burned them with the cerberus the last wave