Chaos mode and the scorpion boss help

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Chaos mode and the scorpion boss help
5 years ago#1
Anyone got any tips. I always seem to get tangled up in legs or too many scorpions around me to dodge some attacks. I have spend 3 hours trying to do this with little sucess. I also find there are plenty of glitches where u get stuck if u air dodge. Help please
5 years ago#2

Attack the legs, but try to leave the baby scorpions alive. When it goes to do the tail slam, grapple a baby scorpion for invincibility. Get the 3 legs on one side ready to break, but don't actually break them. Then break the legs on the other side with the same strategy with the baby scorpions. Once you break the 3 legs on the second side and rip the tooth off, when it comes back, the legs on the other side will already be ready to break, so you can finish the fight quickly. Also, if the baby scorpions get too close, do the spin attack.

I actually haven't played in more than a week, so I don't remember the button for the spin attack. L1 + Square maybe? Not sure.

5 years ago#3

Attack the legs, but try to leave the baby scorpions alive. When it goes to do the tail slam, grapple a baby scorpion for invincibility. Get the 3 legs on one side ready to break, but don't actually break them. Then break the legs on the other side with the same strategy with the baby scorpions. Once you break the 3 legs on the second side and rip the tooth off, when it comes back, the legs on the other side will already be ready to break, so you can finish the fight quickly. Also, if the baby scorpions get too close, do the spin attack.

I actually haven't played in more than a week, so I don't remember the button for the spin attack. L1 + Square maybe? Not sure.

5 years ago#4

What the hell. I hate random double posts. -_-

5 years ago#5
For me, this was the hardest part on Chaos. It's glitchy, cheap and not very fun :P Maybe it's jsut my copy of the game, but so many times I'd get hit with the tail whip and then be floating in the air, stuck and then get raped by the scorps haha.

Anyways, here's what I did :-

- Be agressive. Run to the first three legs and start bashing on them. When scorpions come near, take your focus off the legs and start killing the scrops. But KEEP PUNCHING. Just make sure the mini scorpions are hte priority.

- Dodge his "grab" attack. Always. Because you can never gaurantee it to be a grab (cheap). There is a vmoe he uses with the SAME ANIMATION as the grab but it takes HUGE damage. So always dodge it if you can. Do this by gliding over it.

- After the first 3 legs are gone, use magic to clear the area and then mash on the Scorpion to get the QTE.

- In the second phase, maintain your agression on the legs. Stay close to the scorpions legs so you can avoid his huge ice spike attack

- ON THE SECOND QTE, BE PREPARED FOR A QUICK BUTTON PROMPT! If you fail this QTE, it doesn't matter, because the legs will stay the same and-.... oh no wait, they actually make you RESTART THE WHOLE THING ::D
5 years ago#6
Yer I figured out it was easier to get all legs red before next sequence. Ok never thought of grapple I always try and dodge if I try I get tangled up in legs of scorpions. It's very frustrating. Thanks
5 years ago#7
i just broke all the legs and used rage of sparta til i got to the 1st QTE and just grabbed every little scorpion til they were all gone and went for the legs, did it about 4 times
---
Gamertag-Tairaa1991
Psn-Tairaa91
5 years ago#8
Here what I did

In Phase 1
Attack all the legs till they are red, in this phase the boss is easy and predictable. Your combos on the legs should S,S,S or S,S,T with the last attack being directed more towards the little scorpions if their getting on our nerves. After all the legs are red, destroy any (3) that you wish doesn't matter. Once he's down go straight to the face and use rage of sparta and pound the him until the QTE(make sure you disable rage of sparta once you see the QTE). You should end up taking minimum damage or nothing at all with at least half of your magic bar left and half Rage of Sparta

Phase 2
Equipment the Blades of exile and wait for him to blow you and the scorpions away use R1+S+S+S move to separate yourself and the scorpions. Then Air Dodge straight to the remaining legs and take them out. Once he's down, Rage of Sparta to QTE and the rest should be easy from there.
5 years ago#9
here's what i'm doing:

Phase 1:
trying to survive

Phase 2 :
always get killed by the fake grab move
5 years ago#10
PROTIPS

triangle attacks won't hit the legs but they will bounce spawn.

turn all the left legs red.

turn all the right legs red + a couple of extra hits for good measure

break left legs.

don't get hit.

grab spawn to avoid the tail slam

This gives you much less to do in phase 2.

when manoeuvring from left to right use the "jet dash". Push both sticks in the direction you wish to travel, hold L2 and mash square.

Ignore ChanM above, they don't realise that RoS auto cancels when you grab.#

Phase 2 blow your magic on the spawn, four good hits on the right legs and the fight is over
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Chaos mode and the scorpion boss help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Final Battle ExploitRadium21738/24 11:30AM