nemean cestus

#1Madrox23Posted 2/27/2012 2:23:31 PM
Break this game. I know i don't have to use them, but i'd like to. Only when I do, kratos becomes a wrecking ball of destruction. All challenege and strategy takes a back seat and it's easy mode.
---
Excuse me officer it seems you took a wrong turn, now your in my world watching babylon burn. Diabolic
#2SlaveofHeliosPosted 2/27/2012 4:00:53 PM
Try them with the Apollo costume on Chaos difficulty?
#3MrStarkillerPosted 2/27/2012 5:27:41 PM
VH Apollo Cestus PAIN+ w/ Chalice.
#4ZehanPosted 2/27/2012 6:33:55 PM
Or just playing on very hard will give you the challenge you seek.
---
Bazinga!
#5Hotel_SecurityPosted 2/27/2012 9:23:47 PM
VH Apollo Cestus PAIN+ w/ Chalice.

Indeed...lets see how much they break the game on this run. Though a "Cestus-only run" (at least after you get them) could make the shield guy encounters easier. Other ones, not so much.
#6Madrox23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 10:54:11 PM
I'm no pro fellas, just like action games. Popped in gow 3 out of boredom. Didn't like it first time through. I've enjoyed it more this time though (just playing hard, nothing fancy) but was shocked when I got the cestus.

They're just too powerful, to use any other weapon. The others seem like throw aways. I know I can avoid upgrading them, or avoid them altogether. Using them as purposed is broken in my opinion. The dev's put them in, and set an upgrade tree for you to use. If you just play like the game presents it, they destroy all who cross there path.

Just curious if anyone else thinks it, or if i'm alone. I don't like very hard more, or specialty runs. Even on hard with upgrades the game just throws damage sponges at you, instead of smarter harder to kill opponents. For me it gets tedious and boring. I enjoy a challange, but closer to ninja gaiden. At least there enemies don't take a stupid amount of damage, just take knowing your combos and timing.
---
Excuse me officer it seems you took a wrong turn, now your in my world watching babylon burn. Diabolic
#7SlaveofHeliosPosted 2/27/2012 11:54:35 PM
You may just want to try Apollo, then, as that costume cuts your damage in half while boosting your defense.
#8ZehanPosted 2/28/2012 12:17:05 AM
Madrox23 posted...
Even on hard with upgrades the game just throws damage sponges at you, instead of smarter harder to kill opponents. For me it gets tedious and boring. I enjoy a challange, but closer to ninja gaiden. At least there enemies don't take a stupid amount of damage, just take knowing your combos and timing.

You should play VH.
---
Bazinga!
#9Hotel_SecurityPosted 2/28/2012 9:37:38 AM
Just curious if anyone else thinks it, or if i'm alone. I don't like very hard more

Well this is the problem with your thread. Youíre making a post about something making a game too easy and yet you wonít play on the harder difficulties. I have a feeling that I could use any weapon in this game on a lower difficulty and claim it ďmakes the game too easy.Ē Itís real easy to use the Cestus and get in the face of enemies when it does high damage and their hits donít hurt you a whole lot. When you play against enemies that do actual damage then youíll find that you wonít want to get right in their face as much.

I enjoy a challange, but closer to ninja gaiden.

Then play VH mode. I doubt itís harder than Ninja Gaiden.

For me it gets tedious and boring

Then donít use the dang Cestus. Iím playing Danteís Inferno now and using the cross weapon made things far too easy and boring. I stopped using it and the battles are more fun since theyíre more difficult and actually require dodging and such.
#10MrStarkillerPosted 2/28/2012 11:13:46 AM
>play VH
A fine motion.

>Cestus is best
Nope. It upgrades for s***, has terrible specials, the values aren't amazingly high (BH, BotG, GoZ, etc.). It is 'okay'. Whips have better damage potential at MAX (despite also having crap upgrades for damage modifiers), better specials and is more effective for set-ups. Claws have better normals, a more interesting spell and gets better damage increases. Blades just plain get better moves in general, more power (at MAX) and a very abusable spell.

The main use of it is for Onyx. Beyond that is dicking around for the most part. A proper vet can make use of it to good effect, but the same can be said for any weapon in our hands. Sockem Boppers just aren't tops.