Lawsuit in order? NO game should lock up this often PERIOD!

#1ReaperCloudPosted 6/23/2009 9:24:37 AM
I own over 100 games (PS1, PS2), and no game would freeze/lock up as often as Ghostbusters has done for me.

It is clear that Red Fly Studios (the ones who made the PS2 version) produced an inferior game that is full of bugs, glitches, and most of all...LOCK UPS!

NO game should lock up as often as this game does. It isn't the PS2's fault, since from what I've read on this and other message boards, the lock ups happen on all types of PS2's (old and new). The game itself is programmed poorly, and I'd probably guess that every disk out there is faulty and a recall (and new disk with better programming) is in order.

You the gamer (and customer) deserve to buy a product that WORKS. I can understand a problem here and there in a game...but not a problem that happens ALL THE TIME!

So, sign here if your PS2 version of Ghostbusters locks up often, or experiences any other problems more than once. If enough people band together, I will contact an attorney and see if a class action suit will be made.

Don't let these lazy programmers get away with half-assed games...not to mention taking your money for them as well. Make a stand and say NO! It's bad enough that the current systems (360, PS3) have downloadable patches for their laziness...but at least they will fix their problems.

Thank you.
---
"Live every day as if it's your last and eventually it will be. You'll be fully prepared." George Carlin
#2cwhitelawPosted 6/23/2009 2:53:43 PM

I'll back you 100% on this one definitely. Let me know how we can proceed with this.

#3YO456Posted 6/24/2009 10:34:57 PM
count me in too, `though I don`t live in the US so I don`t think I can participate in that if it`s there
---
John McClane: Oh, just a feeling I have.
Al Powell: Ouch. When you get those feelings, insurance companies start to go bankrupt-----Die Hard 2
#4eckyboyorigPosted 6/26/2009 5:06:36 AM
Count me in as well. I actually had to switch the game off after the third attempt to get past the cutscene where Venkman appears. The level is so long and there was no way I was going to go through it all again just to have the game lock up once more. I live in the UK but I just wanted to show my support.
#5HackIMOQPosted 6/26/2009 9:54:28 AM
I've had four lockups at least, and I'm barely at the Librarian fight >>; I agree. the amount of lockups are ridiculous
---
"If something cannot go wrong at all, it will go wrong in a very spectacular way."
#6HackIMOQPosted 6/26/2009 10:08:21 AM
the AI isn't exactly spectacular, either. Ray spent five minutes running around in circles, then spent the rest of his time running straight into the wall so I went on without him. during the first part of the game, one of the um.. I forget the name, but the chef guys. not the main one but the smaller one, flew straight into a wall for approximately forever, until I went on to the next scripted event involving it. the game is fun, but there are bugs aplenty
---
"If something cannot go wrong at all, it will go wrong in a very spectacular way."
#7FriendBearPosted 6/26/2009 12:20:17 PM

I have not played the PS2 version yet, but my Wii version....wow. I am not saying its a bad game, but its so buggy its unreal. I have fell through the world several times, got stuck so bad in scenary I had to restart and on the second part of the sedgewick hotel area with all the teleports after a short while I either get placed in an area where there are no exits or just get teleported into a wall and proceed to fall into the floor.

My friend has the PC version and thats not much better, the game crashes so often on his comp...I borrowed it and tried it on mine, I get similar crashes too, its a real shame that this product has not been throughly gametested in fact, I think hardly any company these days test products throughly, its almost criminal.

#8azraelswrdPosted 6/26/2009 5:34:35 PM
Like I said in another topic -- all versions are buggy, leading back to little to no quality assurance or debugging on the part of the programmers. I have had more bugs with recent games like X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the Soul Calibur games (memory card anyone?), and Star Trek Conquest. Now I can add Ghostbusters to the list of really REALLY buggy games.

---
If it ain't Lex "WROOOOOOONG!" Luthor, I'll stop bashing Scarlet Whore for an entire year!!! -- re: villain for next Superman movie
#9Nerdyboy3Posted 6/26/2009 6:59:33 PM
Im with you on this one. As much as I love the Ghostbusters, I find it criminal that they let this many critical game flaws pass. How can they just let a game this bugged just go into the market? I dont understand it. How lazy and careless have the programmers gotten?
Well I think something should be done about this. Red Fly really needs to do something and not just BS everyone that tries to get a hold of them.
---
~Nerdy Boy~
#10YO456Posted 6/26/2009 10:20:27 PM
Like I said in another topic -- all versions are buggy, leading back to little to no quality assurance or debugging on the part of the programmers. I have had more bugs with recent games like X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the Soul Calibur games (memory card anyone?), and Star Trek Conquest. Now I can add Ghostbusters to the list of really REALLY buggy games.

I didn`t have that many problems with X-Men Legends 2 (never played the first) but I see what you mean about MUA, I literally couldn`t get past the first level, and then I couldn`t change characters or anything `cause trying to enter ANY screen (inventory, character select and stuff, I don`t remember really) freezed the game

and don`t forget Champions: Return to Arms...the first game had some bugs, but the second ones was just unplayable for me, I couldn`t even get past the first level before I found my first game breaking bug and had to start over
---
John McClane: Oh, just a feeling I have.
Al Powell: Ouch. When you get those feelings, insurance companies start to go bankrupt-----Die Hard 2