Cemetery Help PLEASE

#1N8NolePosted 7/5/2009 2:22:37 PM
I cant seem to open the cemetery gate. Ive made it thru the crypt and am at the Gate Control sign but dont know how to open the gate. I know I have to Tether something but what. Can anyone help me or give me a screen shot of what Im supposed to Tether, I would appreciate it.
#2RossHMPosted 7/5/2009 2:57:08 PM
Which gate specifically do you mean?

1st gate (entrance to cemetery): You have to go a long way around on your own, including a segment under ground, until you arrive back at a point where you can see Ecto-1. Use the grapple function of your proton stream to slam a weight down (it's next to a wooden sign indicating it operates the gate) to let Ecto-1 through and be joined by Ray.

2nd gate: A ghost takes away a stone head/key while you're in the catacombs. Go find it (use the PKE metre) and bring it back home by grappling it with your stream. Watch out for enemies including a large grave monster (just ignore the key and fight, the key won't go anywhere).

3rd gate: Barely a pit-stop. You are with Ray and Ecto-1 is stuck again. Blast a pile of skulls to your right and a weight will automatically pull down, opening the gate.

4th gate (Stone Angel Gate): The toughest one for most people. You are with Ray when Stone Angels show up shooting at you and there are three faces on the gate. The guys advise you to use your slime tether on an angel (gotta be fast) and shoot it at the faces. A tricky part for a lot of people, and on Professional (not sure for all difficulties) you need to hit each face twice. I once also accidentally smacked a face open by grappling an angel with a proton stream, but I believe this might be harder to do. Try both methods and see what you have success with.

5th gate: Right after the fourth, make several slime tethers between Ecto-1 and the door.

5th gate (giant): Try slime tethering again to move the story along, but it will fail. This will be followed by a melee fight where you need to destroy two giants. Each giant will leave behind a stone spike (really a key). Slime tether each key to its keyhole (proton grappling won't work).
#3KotnmthKngPosted 7/5/2009 5:44:57 PM
Talk about a thorough answer. Just want to add that for the last gate you CAN use the proton grappling, thats what I did, never even occurred to me to use slime tether.
---
Those who would lead prefer that history suit their needs, and rewrite it to see that it does.
-Wiegraf (FFT)
#4Locutis13Posted 7/5/2009 7:22:29 PM
To get through the stone angel gate just stand right in front of it and dodge left and right. They will open it for you.
---
Resistance is futile
#5BlackDragon74Posted 7/6/2009 12:21:11 AM
N8Nole posted...
I cant seem to open the cemetery gate. Ive made it thru the crypt and am at the Gate Control sign but dont know how to open the gate. I know I have to Tether something but what. Can anyone help me or give me a screen shot of what Im supposed to Tether, I would appreciate it.

At the Gate Control just slime tether the middle part of the gate (looks like a square piece of metal) to the ground. It'll drop down and open the gate.