Omg I hope this game doesn't end sadly

#1dctalk207Posted 3/25/2013 1:49:29 PM
Got this the other day. I think I'm almost done, at the hotel. I won't read this until I finish the game but I have a bad feeling it will not end happily..

-_-
#2dctalk207(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:40:49 PM
Ehhhhhhhhh, I don't understand a lot of what happened..seemed kind of underdeveloped and ambiguous buuut there's enough topics here. Time for research ^_^
#3dctalk207(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 5:49:48 AM
Alright! After some research I've come to a conclusion that sits well with me:

*Super spoilers*

What really threw me off was Seto's famous confusing line, "After countless summers...I was alone again..." placed before the final scene with he and Ren. At first I didn't know what to make of this, but after reading about everyone's thoughts and some thinking I came to the following:

For whatever reason, after many years he outlived Ren but he recalls the final scene where he and her thank each other for being there. Although he's saddened by being alone again he's able to reflect on the importance of the girl and appreciates the time they spent together.

However, it's difficult for me to empathize with him for feeling alone by that point (after countless summers...what's he gotta be like 50+yrs old by then?) because the whole point of the game is although life is short we enjoy the time spent with others, annd I mean, what's he expect that someone is gonna be standing right next to him all the time? But anyways...

I really liked what the characters stood for! I was thinking about it and PF (one of my favs) makes me think of a childhood hobby that you grow out of = her death.

Crow is the goofball buddy you run around and get in trouble with, but get separated with, maybe because of school or something, to put it in modern situation.

I'm not sure what to make of Sai. She's great though. But maybe she's like the flirty friend you have who's a girl, and you don't quite get together but have a lot of fun with. Then both go separate ways.

And I guess that makes Ren the wife figure. Nothing more to say about that lol.

Another thought, I wish there was a few more ghost/left over people to interact with. I really liked playing hide and seek with the girl and spending time with the old lady/girl. I guess if there were more characters like that it wouldn't seem so desolate though.

Also! You find the torn pictures in the hotel...does that mean the events with Mao and Akane took place by the hotel? It seemed like that's not the case..but then how did the picture wind up there?

I think although there's so much left unexplained in this game, it fits with what the game's message is about feeling alone, making memories, living life, connections with others, and how all that stuff might not be perfect (like this game XD) but it sort of is perfect because it's unique in itself.

I think that's everything...I know no one hardly comes here any more lol, but thanks for having this space for me to work stuff out. PS this game is great with Japanese voices lol.

Where did you come from?
Where are you going?
I'm sure you come from some place I don't know,
going some place I can't follow.
If during your journey you
happen to encounter this message
I want you to take a moment, stop, and think about
the person who wrote this message,
who played this game, and how he shared
his ideas with you.

<3
#4gorgonseyePosted 3/29/2013 11:19:19 PM
dctalk207 posted...
Alright! After some research I've come to a conclusion that sits well with me:

*Super spoilers*

What really threw me off was Seto's famous confusing line, "After countless summers...I was alone again..." placed before the final scene with he and Ren. At first I didn't know what to make of this, but after reading about everyone's thoughts and some thinking I came to the following:

<3

With the 'countless summers' line: To me, in a world where no one is literally keeping track of time anymore and a couple of years to a teenager seems like an eternity, I don't think he was with her that long (though I agree with your sentiment that he appreciated the time they spent together despite his sadness at being alone again). I did empathize with him because he was alone at the end of everything. Being the last one alive carries a certain weight - yeah, he can appreciate the time spent with others but he's the only one who can no longer look forward to experiencing that again.
#5dctalk207(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 12:44:42 PM
AHhhhhh! That's a good point, I didn't think about that "time" thing.

I guess he didn't find any other survivors..
#6SpookyryuPosted 4/20/2013 9:42:03 AM
dctalk207 posted...
AHhhhhh! That's a good point, I didn't think about that "time" thing.

I guess he didn't find any other survivors..

This is an awsome game, so bad that it's well known