Network Service Failed To Initialize

#1bfalkowskiPosted 4/24/2008 1:29:48 PM

I just bought the game and now i get this msg when trying to go online..... Network Service Failed To Initialize

NO firewalls running and disabled all my anti virus stuff. Why cant i play online?

#2GoodOlJrPosted 4/24/2008 3:05:25 PM
server crashed yesterday night i believe, i thinks thats what it was
#3bfalkowski(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2008 4:14:24 PM

i still cant get online and when i asked UBISOFT this was there response....

This problem is only caused by having one or more of the required ports blocked to your system. If you are using McAfee Internet Security, please note that you will have to uninstall that program before the game will allow you to connect. If you have a router or DSL modem, please contact the manufacturer of that device to make sure that you have updated the firmware for it correctly as well as to check to make sure that the required ports are open. Unfortunately, the only other reccomendation that we could make for you would be to contact your ISP for additional troubleshooting.

I dont use any firewall and or antivirus. Disbaled windows defender and everything. Ubisoft are a bunch of plugs wut a waste of money.

#4natasha8384Posted 4/24/2008 4:43:20 PM
bfalkowski posted...

I just bought the game and now i get this msg when trying to go online..... Network Service Failed To Initialize

NO firewalls running and disabled all my anti virus stuff. Why cant i play online?

I assume you always get this network failure message. Tho you don't have a firewall or antivirus running, you most likely have some type of router between your Internet modem and computers. You can quickly test if you need to do something with your router by connecting your computer directly to the Internet modem. In general, if you enable DMZ on the router for the IP address of your computer you should be fine. Otherwise follow what UBI said regarding opening ports on your router:

Login/Matchmaking services:
Outbound TCP 3074 (generally don't need any configuration for this)

Gameplay:
Outbound UDP 3074-3174 (generally don't need any configuration for this)
InboundUDP 3074-3174 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on these ports, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on these ports to your PC)

Custom Head:
Outbound TCP 10130 (generally don't need any configuration for this)
InboundTCP 10130 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on this port, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on this port to your PC)

10130 is the default port used by the Custom Head feature. You can change this port in the ExtrasOptionsMultiplayer menu.

Voice Chat:
Outbound UDP 10140 (generally don't need any configuration for this)
InboundUDP 10140 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on this port, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on this ports to your PC)

10140 is the default port used by the Voice Chat feature. You can change this port in the ExtrasOptionsMultiplayer menu.

#5solidsnake14015Posted 4/26/2008 1:14:39 AM

check this out .. it may help :

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/rainbowsixvegas2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42617736&pid=944074&msg_id=m-1-468682924#m-1-468682924

#6Seal1985Posted 4/30/2008 12:24:17 PM

i buy this game specially for play the multiplayer with my friend. why the vegas 1 is ok and now trouble likes this !

Can ubi make a patch for their customer to login to multiplayer !?

#7Seal1985Posted 5/1/2008 1:22:15 PM

Language selection choose turkey
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

then use it make a shortcut to the game

but u still no idea what ping is the server and what ping is the player. damn

#8VasuwatoPosted 5/2/2008 2:52:07 PM
I had same problem too. I already done everything in UBI forum suggest but still had a problem. It is wired because I don't have this problem in Vegas 1. Maybe game need to patch to fix it.

Anyway , I think Vegas 2 have many bug such as gun noise, game freeze .5 sec to game crash. Worse than Vegas 1.
#9Seal1985Posted 5/3/2008 9:52:54 AM

msz006 posted...
I had same problem too. I already done everything in UBI forum suggest but still had a problem. It is wired because I don't have this problem in Vegas 1. Maybe game need to patch to fix it.

Anyway , I think Vegas 2 have many bug such as gun noise, game freeze .5 sec to game crash. Worse than Vegas 1.

buddy, did u try this ?

Language selection choose turkey
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

then use it make a shortcut to the game