Will walls be highlighted if I can punch through them?

#1Swan3624Posted 11/17/2011 10:38:26 AM
I'm pondering upgrading my ability in the way of being able to punch through walls, but I was wondering if the game will highlight walls I am able to punch through? Or do they highlight when I upgrade my vision in some way?
---
If you follow Satan's teachings and are 666% proud of it, post this in your sig.
#2Mike XtremePosted 11/17/2011 1:48:22 PM
They will be highlighted like doors and such as long as you're not playing on the hardest setting.
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/10n82fd.png - by Cads_4370
#3kuterPosted 11/17/2011 2:01:41 PM
Mike Xtreme posted...
They will be highlighted like doors and such as long as you're not playing on the hardest setting.

If you want highlight on/off it's in the option menu.
#4The_LourdePosted 11/17/2011 6:58:18 PM
If you're going for Pacifist, pay attention to the radar; punching through a wall with someone on the other side kinda kills them. Stupid natches with their fragile, fragile spines...
---
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...
#5Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 8:53:09 PM
Lourde Incarnadine posted...
If you're going for Pacifist, pay attention to the radar; punching through a wall with someone on the other side kinda kills them. Stupid natches with their fragile, fragile spines...

I was going for Pacifist, but totally didn't know kills at the very beginning of the game (when Sarif Idustries gets attacked) counted. I had no idea how else to get past that portion of the game.

Despite this, I am still playing for Pacifism in spirit. No deaths by my hand. Only unconsciousness! :D. Sans the beginning, like I said. Thanks for the tip :)

And thank you for the help everyone :). I wasn't sure if it was worth upgrading my ability to punch through walls because I have never stumbled across a wall that looked weak enough. It's good to know I must have just not been able to see said walls :P
---
If you follow Satan's teachings and are 666% proud of it, post this in your sig.
#6wigsplasherPosted 11/18/2011 7:29:05 PM

Lourde Incarnadine posted...

I was going for Pacifist, but totally didn't know kills at the very beginning of the game (when Sarif Idustries gets attacked) counted. I had no idea how else to get past that portion of the game.

Despite this, I am still playing for Pacifism in spirit. No deaths by my hand. Only unconsciousness! :D. Sans the beginning, like I said. Thanks for the tip :)

And thank you for the help everyone :). I wasn't sure if it was worth upgrading my ability to punch through walls because I have never stumbled across a wall that looked weak enough. It's good to know I must have just not been able to see said walls :P

what do you mean about the beginning? you still can't kill those guys
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#7The_LourdePosted 11/18/2011 9:23:26 PM
Yeah, the guys at the very beginning before you get augmented? Killing them apparently buggers your chance at Pacifist. I guess you're supposed to stealth your way through, unless they gave you some gas grenades or a tranq rifle. I've heard some people say you can run through without getting killed, too, guess I'll find out some other time.

Like OP, I also can't get Pacifist this playthrough because of these guys and a DRB who picked a bad wall to stand in front of. I still knock guys out, though; 30-50 exp per nonlethal takedown (62.5 per guy if you do a double with the reflex augment) works for me. Maybe sometime I'll do a murder-the-crap-out-of-everyone playthrough, but TBH the stealth and nonlethal takedowns feel like so much fun that I can almost forget that I don't have Arkham City... <_<
---
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...
#8wigsplasherPosted 11/19/2011 12:07:13 AM
yea, i was able to run and sneak past them on hard mode so it CAN be done
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#9GoldsicklePosted 11/25/2011 7:34:12 PM(edited)
The fragile walls can be blown apart with explosives and even gunfire.
The weird thing is, the fragile portions and it's resistance bar is only visible if you have the wall-punching upgrade.

Furthermore, even if you have the upgrade, it's only visible when obstructions (such as crates and cardboard boxes) are moved out of the way.

Regardless whether you have the upgrade or not, the fragile walls will have distinctive cracks to let you know it's breakable.
But finding these cracks might be difficult.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10widget624Posted 11/26/2011 12:16:33 AM
The fragile walls can be blown apart with explosives and even gunfire.

Or just by simply throwing barrels and the like at it