Help towards the ending... *SPOILERS*

#1Sol4688Posted 4/21/2012 7:54:43 PM
Okay, so I'm at the end with the buttons. And I'm told there should be 4, right? Well, here's the thing: Only two are active.

Now, I don't know if this has to do with how I handled going through the building, but here's what I did:
- When I confronted Darrow, I managed to convince him to give me whatever it was I needed. I then killed him, for the hell of it.
- I found and spoke with Taggart just fine.
- I was unable to find Sarif. I was hoping I'd run across him on my way, buuuut... I guess not?

Now when I'm in the final room, The two buttons lit are for Darrow's choice and Taggart's choice. Now I am guessing that without speaking to Sarif, I locked myself out of that choice. But what about the one to destroy the facility altogether? Why am I locked out of that one? Please help.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#2AzanodePosted 4/21/2012 8:03:40 PM
The button to destroy the facility is just down a side corridor. If I recall, the option is always available.
#3Sol4688(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 8:11:35 PM
That hallway to the left, right? Nope, when I go down there, it's inactive.
---
#4AzanodePosted 4/21/2012 8:23:04 PM
That's odd. I've double-checked around online guides and they all confirm that the self-destruction ending is available by default. Out of curiosity, did Cassana explain the destruction option to you at all, or only Darrow and Taggart's choices?
#5Sol4688(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 8:24:52 PM
She did. My theory is that I would have had to talk to ALL the guys to have the option available... but of course it's too late for me to double check that.
---
#6AzanodePosted 4/21/2012 8:32:10 PM
It must be a glitch. Certainly if Cassana explained the option to you, then it's a choice that should be available. Well I guess since you missed Sarif's option, you'll have to go through again anyway, so maybe you'll just to have to hope for the best next time.

I've tried searching but I can't seem to find anyone else encountering this issue.
#7Sol4688(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 8:46:46 PM
Oh geez, get this: I just reloaded my save, just to check again. I walk down the hall, and see the button closed again... But as I approach it, this time it lights up! What the hell! The only thing I did differently was... well, I walked there, I guess. In the times before, I'd usually sprint right to the button, and it'd be inactive. This time, I kinda took a leisurely stroll, and... poof. It just pops up.

Oh well. File this one under closed... Can I just get a quick confirmation that I need to speak to Sarif to enable his choice? Thanks for your help searching anyway, guy.
---
#8AzanodePosted 4/21/2012 9:29:42 PM
Ha, no problem. Yeah, you'll need to speak to Sarif to make his choice available. I think the game warns you about incomplete side missions if you try to take the final elevator, so he's a bit before that if you search around all the areas.
#9gwabashnubaPosted 5/3/2012 11:01:06 PM
if you want to know how to find sarif go to that GIANT circle hole thing in the ground where all those stairs and crazy augmented people were and if you have the icarus landing system jump down hes down there somewhere
---
PS:P2 Character Name: Kracer Lvl 113 Va Lvl 20 Hu Lvl 6
"The space cash was worth what you as a planet decided it was worth."
#10MisterSpykerPosted 5/6/2012 3:21:25 PM
If you don't have either Sarif or Darrow, you can't select their endings.
---
Hold by your glasses steady! And drink, to your comrades eyes! Here's a toast, to the dead already, and a "Hurrah!" for the next to die!