Dragging knocked-out bodies in air vents kills them?

#1Soybomb05Posted 9/2/2011 3:21:17 AM
I experienced this in Hengsha Court Gardens. Knocked out a guard (non-lethal takedown) and dragged his body in an air vent. I came back because of a side mission and it showed a skull.

Is it a glitch? Can I still get the no kills achievement?
---
I will not remove this sig until Persona 5 comes out.
Posted: 8/2/2010
#2PhilR1Posted 9/2/2011 3:57:56 AM
It's a glitch TC.

I created a topic about a similar topic where I saw gang members in Derelict Row turning up dead even though I only use silent takedowns.

Here's the link to the topic :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944089-deus-ex-human-revolution/60184713

Inside the topic is another link to another website where people are talking about bodies turning up dead later on. Have a look at that link TC because it is interesting how so many people have had a similar glitch in different circumstances. it's very annoying if you are trying to get the Pacifism achievement like me but someone who posted in the topic I created say we should still be fine. Only way we will find out is by completing the game but by then it could be too late.

I don't think it is the fact that you have dragged the body into a vent as I and many others have had dead bodies turning up without even moving them. We need a patch ASAP for this.
---
Currently playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition, Deus Ex Invisible War. Waiting for - Rage Anarchy Edition & Gears of War 3 Collectors Edition
#3TheRagingPosted 9/2/2011 4:03:33 AM
This happened to me as well however upon completing the game I DID get the Pacifist achievement.
#4Soybomb05(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 4:05:11 AM
Glad to know I'm still in the running for the Pacifist achievement. Thanks for the heap of info. I really hope they make a patch for this.
---
I will not remove this sig until Persona 5 comes out.
Posted: 8/2/2010
#5PhilR1Posted 9/2/2011 4:08:14 AM
TheRaging posted...
This happened to me as well however upon completing the game I DID get the Pacifist achievement.

That's great news. Maybe the bodies were still knocked out but just showed the skull by mistake? Why it is happening, no-one knows.

In that topic I created that I put the link to, I had a glitch where if you use a grenade on a wall you can punch and someone is behind it, they are just knocked out. If you purchase the punch through walls aug and do the same, they die instead. Weird.
---
Currently playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition, Deus Ex Invisible War. Waiting for - Rage Anarchy Edition & Gears of War 3 Collectors Edition
#6robm1052Posted 9/2/2011 4:37:33 AM
^i just experienced that exact same thing in the gang hideout in detroit, was so confused! I'm making sure to do non lethal takedowns on everyone, but that one guy behind the wall kept getting his neck broken when I punched through. I blew it up with a remote explosive and he was knocked out instead, I don't understand how since the bomb was right next to the wall. Eitherway I decided to just approach it from another side to avoid killing someone by accident.
---
You better bring more to the table before you expect the nerf stick to be broken out.
#7glassghost0Posted 9/2/2011 5:14:22 AM
You always kill the guys that are behind walls when you punch through, you just have to find an alternate route, and the dead body thing happened to me also, i used the traq on him and it said he died, however i still got the 'pacifist' achievement