Best hack for 1 Praxis and 500 XP each time

#31Dissonance2003Posted 8/31/2011 1:58:01 PM
thefinalzapkeet posted...
Deagling posted...
EvilAshTwin posted...
Im assuming he's talking about Adam's computer in his office. Is this subjective to the infinite hacking glitch?

Yes, this uses the infinite hacking glitch. It's a total gamebreaker, so I recommend doing it on your 2nd run as a "new game+" (which we should have got) or to mess around as a super human on any of the other difficulties.

we should have got? despite the fact that it makes no sense within the story?

How does it make no sense? Adam already has all the augs in him, his brain just hasn't adapted to them yet-If Sarif is willing to let him purchase Praxis kits (and given how fast you can acquire them, both from a gameplay, and a chronological perspective), there's no reason he couldn't just fully unlock everything from the get go.

(hell, storywise, it makes a hell of a lot of sense that Adam would have no problem using all the augs, straight up...)
---
http://www.last.fm/user/DrDissonance
grimgastronomicon.wordpress.com
#32Clique_KillaPosted 8/31/2011 2:00:49 PM
Great, I'm glad to see I'll be able to have a new game plus after all.

I'm going to level up exactly where I was at the end of my first game.
---
Killa of Cliques
#33IminyourclosetPosted 8/31/2011 2:36:24 PM
So, is there a way to get 1 Praxis Point per hack, or is doing it 10 times the only way to earn a Praxis Point?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#34FoNgThOnGzPosted 8/31/2011 3:17:24 PM
So, is there a way to get 1 Praxis Point per hack, or is doing it 10 times the only way to earn a Praxis Point?

TC isn't wording things right. You don't get 1 PP each hack. You'd have to do it 10 times to get 1 PP.
---
GamerTag & PSN - FoNgThOnG
#35AnubanUTPosted 8/31/2011 4:45:39 PM
Clique_Killa posted...
Great, I'm glad to see I'll be able to have a new game plus after all.

I'm going to level up exactly where I was at the end of my first game.

That is exactly how I did it on my 3rd run through. I waited a bit .. until I had 5 nukes and them it was so extremely easy.
---
- "People who make '1000/1000' topics and 'I beat the game on the hardest difficulty' topics should be beheaded and quartered" - Me on a good day
#36BiggyDXPosted 8/31/2011 5:18:34 PM
While I think the TC was being misleading the Praxis point, I think you guys are forgetting the point of what hes making and that is this is the quickest and most effective point in the game to do the glitch.

You can get 1000xp per minute, and if you put enough points into hack you can bypass the doors in the headquarters and get enough nuke viruses to quickly do the glitch. You only need 4 of them and you can easily make up the praxis points you put into hacking.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#37IllnesssssPosted 8/31/2011 5:49:29 PM
I was reading a book while I did this. Made it tolerable.

*hack*

*load*

*read book while loading*

*hack*

and so on and so forth...

Racked up 40,000 then fear of something screwing up and me having to do this all over again for some reason made me stop and reap my hard earned rewards.

I'll go for 50,000 or 100,000 next time though...
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#38ForwardCompassPosted 8/31/2011 6:20:03 PM

So, I've already hacked Jensen's computer on my third playthrough. I don't really want to start over AGAIN --- Any other good terminals to hack?

Please help eh.

#39joyce_181502Posted 9/4/2011 9:18:34 PM
The computer re-locks itself when you visit Detroit the second time.

Also you can port XP across saves.

So say you have a save in "Detroit Part 2 at Jensen's computer".

Then you have the game you are playing save "start of Pangea in front of easy hack computer"

Hack the red node on Jensen's computer in Detroit, don't hit X to complete, reload and hack again (and don't hit X)

Then once you want to "bank the XP" load your Pangea game save, do the easy hack, and save with the boost from the Detroit hacks.

The key is to not miss the "easy hack". Remember you can always reload if you don't hit X and have completed the hack -- so burn through your Stop Worms if the "easy hack" turns sour to keep the Detroit XP bonus(es) alive.
#40TrevN316Posted 9/4/2011 9:25:07 PM
Okay, here's a crazy thought, instead of wasting your time doing a tedious glitch just mod your save.