How useful are smart vision and punch through walls?

#11cubegod69erPosted 9/6/2011 11:35:42 AM
what do breakable walls look like?
#12dansubmarinePosted 9/6/2011 11:38:16 AM
I'd say Typhoon upgrade takes priority. 2 typhoons=kills bosses... also very useful when your surrounded by the enemies later on
#13Major_RaikovPosted 9/6/2011 11:44:02 AM
If you have the fully upgraded radar, then don't waste the Praxis points on the Smart Vision. It's kind of redundant to have them both, though I won't lie, sometimes the Smart Vision is useful for helping you see exactly where turrets, cameras, and enemies are above and below you as well as on the same level.

Also, don't underestimate the Wall Punch and Icarus Landing System upgrades. There's a lot of nifty goodies that you can only reach via wall-punching, and the Icarus lets you literally fall from ANY distance without damage, which makes navigating ladders quicker. There's also at least one XP eBook in the Tai Medical place that you can't reach in some air vents if you don't have the Icarus (the fall is fatal without it).
---
Calling someone "gay" after they destroyed you at a WAR game just makes you look even more pathetic. Just sayin'...
#14ActionKazimerPosted 9/6/2011 12:00:26 PM
It really is all about play style. Personally, I use the smart vision almost constantly. Typhoon is great too. Almost game-breaking great.

Also, everyone's right when they say the wall-punch will pay for itself. Just be careful with it if you're going for Pacifist or Foxiest. It's very loud and quite lethal with someone on the other side of the wall.
---
I make video games.
#15D_GryphonPosted 9/6/2011 12:05:31 PM
DevilMayCryDKD posted...
It really is all about play style. Personally, I use the smart vision almost constantly. Typhoon is great too. Almost game-breaking great.

Also, everyone's right when they say the wall-punch will pay for itself. Just be careful with it if you're going for Pacifist or Foxiest. It's very loud and quite lethal with someone on the other side of the wall.

One thing about Smart Vision that messes me up alot is that I usually only keep the first battery charged so when I'm stalking an enemy and make my move I forget that I have it on and when I run up to do a takedown the joke ends up being on me lol.
#16VamphaeryPosted 9/6/2011 12:07:28 PM
Depends on how you choose to play. You can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want, and as action-packed or sedate as you want. (Excepting bosses. And even there you have some options.)

Everyone seems to be worried about the "best" augs and the "most useful" augs. Imo people are depriving themselves of the beauty of choice and experimentation by doing that. But to each their own.
---
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.
#17D_GryphonPosted 9/6/2011 12:10:37 PM
Vamphaery posted...
Depends on how you choose to play. You can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want, and as action-packed or sedate as you want. (Excepting bosses. And even there you have some options.)

Everyone seems to be worried about the "best" augs and the "most useful" augs. Imo people are depriving themselves of the beauty of choice and experimentation by doing that. But to each their own.

Agreed.
#18ninjadoctor0788Posted 9/6/2011 2:39:52 PM
Smart vision comes in handy if you decide to keep the laser gun in your inventory. You can kill enemies through walls with that gun. Unfortunately, I got that weapon near the end of the game. I'm not sure if you can get it earlier.
#19forsakensoul422Posted 9/6/2011 5:45:37 PM
Smart vision-Great for finding invisible targets or looking whats on the other side of a room. (Cameras, bots, and humans)

Typhoon-I didn't use it much, a lot of people say it's great for taking out bosses quickly, it's also great for taking out enemies that are close by and need to be taken care of fast.

Punch through walls-Not that handy because you cannot bust through any wall, but walls that are designated after purchasing it. Those same said walls can be blown up or shot at and be destroyed, though finding them is harder without the augment.

Dermal Armor-Great to have at least 3 points in it, the third being in the anti EMP augment. Everyone will swear by getting this augment, even with a stealth run.

Level 4/5 for hacking-Most hacks are levels 1-3 for accessing stuff for main missions, the good stuff is usually found in doors locked with a 4 or 5, it couldn't hurt getting it.

You can decide on anything, I just wanted to give you a little info on the mods and their uses or uselessness.
#20juddaz2k3Posted 9/6/2011 8:07:08 PM
its all up 2 you TC and how you want to play. What augs do u already have?